• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

ES9023 / WM8804 S/PDIF "Subbu DAC V3" GB Interest

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.

TNT

Joined 2003
Paid Member
It's OK if it was You ;) ... Glad that you are able to attain to this very interesting project again. I think that everyone understands that one might need a break. Some short updates, like this one, is appreciated to know that one shouldn't start looking for other project. We can all wait as long as we can feel confident it's going to happen in one way or the other. Even if the "other" way implies v2.6.

/

Disabled Account
Joined 2002
Except for the series resistor for the XO we have given attention to those items in V2.6 already. Listening to others experiences and trying out go good together.

Since no boards were available then the guys that designed boards were the ones to address to. The cooperation between Subbu and me started like this.

Last edited:
Disabled Account
Joined 2002
Why not design one yourself ? That would be the only way to find out. We decided to do it the way we do for a reason. I understand your reasoning and I wanted to go that route when we started this design. We had separate 5 V power supply connecters in the beginning but could not detect any differences when we connected them to 1 power supply. Then only 1 reg was used for both the ES9022 and the XO. I cut the track to the + pin of the XO and soldered a coil in which was a big improvement. Then we started using 1 x 5 V and coils + separate regs and heard and measured differences. Some things are tried out and tested. This V2.6 is more mature than you seem to think it is.

As much as I like things to be done right some things can be overdone too. Why make matters more complex without a real purpose ? Of course you can power both sections with 2 x 5 V power supplies. When you leave out the large coils you can connect to those pads. Let us now if you hear/measure differences.

Last edited:
... we still could do a rerun on V2.6 but I guess some of you would not like us for that :D That having said: V2.6 is so good that I use my version as my main DAC.

Great to have some news!

I can't speak for the other two-hundred-forty-something companeros, but I would be more than glad to obtain a v2.6 (for which I arrived after the group buy was closed).

But of course I am also absolutely fine if finalizing the v3 takes whatever time it takes.

Once again, thanks for your work!

-

Hi,

Inputs : What to eat ?
- SPDIF : BNC or RCA (75 Ohms - Wolfson WM8804 Receiver - Coaxial/RCA no Toslink embedded)
- I2S : Pads pointed - External I2S source providing I2S clocking (No WM8804 installed)
I would have 2 questions about I2S use case connectivity (my likely use case) and its associated BOM

a) does the "pads pointed" scheme mentioned would allow to solder a connector onto V3 PCB (mta header or other), if yes what type would it be ?
b) would the "balanced" parts kit do the job as well for an I2S SE configuration (no SPDIF)?

Thks,

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.