Enclosure for DD2512a

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi

I will have to build enclosure for Digital Designs 2512a. I will try to build one from DD site. As they say sub takes about 6L of space. Box would be made from 19mm(0.75in) MDF. I would go for 50cm x 50cm for top and bottom side, this will be base for everything else(green ones on page). Left and right sides(yellow) would be 50cm x 32cm. Back side 46.2cm x 32cm. Front(red) 39cm x 32cm, with hole= 29cm, 5cm from each side of the board.

Port(red) is 32cm x 32cm, which makes 7.2cm x 39cm x 32cm high port.

Is that ok?

I ask this because box should have about 60L or 2.25^ft, but I calculated only 47L, without port...Should I add port volume as part of box volume that sub uses? If I do that I get to 56L, that is ok, right?

Should I change anything or... comments are most wellcome

Hi

Box is build, speaker is in and it gets loud as hell, I would say over 140dB...New week I will be able use meter it...Will see then...
Never heard one 12" speaker to be loud as this and this one is only medium class
ddlogo3.gif

luka u use a lot the screw. i count it has 33 hole. 31 holes have the screws. u forgot to put it 2 hole. luka please u try to take the pics. i wong the beautiful pics because my program have a filter, it only want the beautiful pics to copy. it iks nok like a bad pic.(sorry my voice iks nok clear because my mom iks china)

thanks/:cool:

Hi

Loooool don't tell me that you like it so much?? I didn't even finnished it yet, should at the end look like it was/should be part of trunk that it is in :D. But thank you very much... I have to say it came out pretty good if I tell you that I did only hand drawing from top (1/10 scale) to get size of sides, so I could buy them, everything else was done pretty much as it was build, about 5-8 working hours later this came out... I just wanted to build it as fast as possible, to hear the sound of speaker... First test, about 30s from when I started car, turned on headunit and selected some song from USB, sound came out and I was left :bigeyes:. All other speakers before that I heared were nothing compared to this.

ok luka valentine box in the red car. it makes me think about one song." if i promise u" from Ronan keating. luka i had ever built valentine box in valentine day. i was very happy on that time.but i spay the color iknok good. i try many time. i think that it's very difficult to spay like black piano color. ok luka that u sent me a good thing to see and make me very happy.

thanks luka/:cool:

"My love, here I stand before you I am yours now From this moment on Take my hand Only you can stop me shaking We'll share forever Thik I promic lu....do..re me....My darling, thik I promic lu thik I promic lu, oh thik I promic lu, promic lu
Thik I promic lu" the end...lol

luka with u I'm very happy. now I am sing this song follow with ronan keating..lol luka i have just been knowing to has ronan keating Thailand version..my sound is very bad lol Luka i know that's near to close this thraed. Please drink with me :cheers: i wait along time until u finished. moderator Please let me go continue....don't stop me if moderator stop me. i will send the back EMF to moderator. your damping factor may be drop and has a problem with your input.(lol) if some moderator say to me. i will say "moderator my english lg is low quality i cank nok understand"lol luka u and everyone know that has the superman return. now i will say that's here is youngman return.(lol) it happens when i saw the red box. and think in the past. it'make sense about love when i learned at high school. ok steren has the sense about speaker. and ok olson has the sense about wild wild west and the wolfs. lol they don't have any sense about love. luka i would not talk about them very much because they will know about this thread. LOL tonight i will drink and still not sleep until the morning i think sometime Larry to drink with me and happy together. and here is the end of my reply on this thraed........thik i promic lu. lol :drink:

thank you luka and all/:cool:

Attachments

• this i promise u.jpg
    this i promise u.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 102
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.