Eminence Beta in Front/Rear loaded horn

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Actually, they're quite well suited for horn loading, be it back, front or compound. In fact, they're probably better suited to such loads than many very low Q units unless the latter are run with the high output impedance amplification they are typically designed for. They'll certainly need a large horn, but since it's a relatively large driver in any case, you wouldn't expect it to be mini-monitor sized. ;)

Actually, they're quite well suited for horn loading, be it back, front or compound. In fact, they're probably better suited to such loads than many very low Q units unless the latter are run with the high output impedance amplification they are typically designed for. They'll certainly need a large horn, but since it's a relatively large driver in any case, you wouldn't expect it to be mini-monitor sized. ;)

You have my attention.

Any specific links to discussion or build threads?

I suppose its mass-corner is not impossibly low at 176Hz if I look at it from this angle. Yes, gonna be one big horn. :)

IG

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.