Eminence Beta in Front/Rear loaded horn

Actually, they're quite well suited for horn loading, be it back, front or compound. In fact, they're probably better suited to such loads than many very low Q units unless the latter are run with the high output impedance amplification they are typically designed for. They'll certainly need a large horn, but since it's a relatively large driver in any case, you wouldn't expect it to be mini-monitor sized. ;)

loudsubz

2007-12-19 3:45 am
Actually, they're quite well suited for horn loading, be it back, front or compound. In fact, they're probably better suited to such loads than many very low Q units unless the latter are run with the high output impedance amplification they are typically designed for. They'll certainly need a large horn, but since it's a relatively large driver in any case, you wouldn't expect it to be mini-monitor sized. ;)

You have my attention.

Any specific links to discussion or build threads?

IG81

2008-02-22 1:21 pm

I suppose its mass-corner is not impossibly low at 176Hz if I look at it from this angle. Yes, gonna be one big horn. :)

IG