• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Edcor or Electra-Print for SSE Output Transformers (and what to ask for?)

Hi, I'm curious to hear if you're still enjoying the amp. I recently finished building the circuit board and originally ordered edcors but the wait time is terrible and I'm growing impatient. I decided to copy your choice of output transformers as well as power transformer. Are you happy with the sound quality? Also, did you end up buying or 3d printing transformer covers? I'm thinking I'll have to just buy a pair of the covers because I can't 3d print anything.

Also love the look of your build, I wish I was able to manufacture a chassis that looked that good!

Hi, I'm curious to hear if you're still enjoying the amp. I recently finished building the circuit board and originally ordered edcors but the wait time is terrible and I'm growing impatient. I decided to copy your choice of output transformers as well as power transformer. Are you happy with the sound quality? Also, did you end up buying or 3d printing transformer covers? I'm thinking I'll have to just buy a pair of the covers because I can't 3d print anything.

Also love the look of your build, I wish I was able to manufacture a chassis that looked that good!

Hi Will! Sorry for the delayed response. I am indeed happy with the quality. It was odd at first, but that was because I had some things wired up wrong. Now it is lovely.
I didn't 3D print transformer covers because it was apparent after testing that they were too close to the hot tubes. The plastic wouldn't hold up to the heat. So I ordered some from ebay, which were not too expensive, and a very nice quality. Glad you like the look of it!