ebay:Weiliang Dual X2 AK4399 DAC with LCD

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Last edited:

Attachments

• DAC_MC_ARDUINO.jpg
    DAC_MC_ARDUINO.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 405
  • DAC_MC_DIYAUDIO.zip
    18.4 KB · Views: 95
Great, next step is atmega328 sans arduino? :) Thanks for sharing.

I have received and replaced the AK4118, now it works. Keep trying to imagine when and how have I fried the first chip.
Btw, the sound is quite different from I2S from the XMOS module. When I incorporate both the receiver and the module, will tell you my impressions on direct comparison.

pca01: Very nice! I wonder: I see a trace running from Anode pin of LCD, via 100R resistor, via 10 k potentiometer (good thing) to TX1 pin in the Nano. (?) Isn't that supposed to be running to +5V Vcc?

cu6apum: keep us posted, I'm experimenting with I2SoverUSB board too, via sp/dif atm, going to connect it with RPi running picoreplayer with linear psu

Nino

Well, a netplayer is my separate project. No usb (too weak on arm), i use direct i2s out of my cubietruck. Sounds nice at the mo with my Sabre board - but is quite far from finish yet.
Considering AK439x, you may want to use some neat reclock circuit close to DAC chips, as they're not as strong in jitter suppression as the 9018 is: it sings just fine with no reclock.

Hi folks!

I faced with an annoying failure with my dual AK4399 DAC.
After a short disconnection of the LCD panel, I couldn't control it with the buttons. A few hours later the functions returned, however one of the input selector buttons remained useless. I ordered a new piece of microcontroller+LCD module from weiliang diyhifishop. As it arrived, I connected it, but same failure happened, I push any button in vain, nothing happens.
I put back the old module; result is just the same… starting to be upset now.
Anybody has any idea what to do?

Initially all the three buttons functioned, two of them was to stepping the input up and down.
There is not a problem between the button pcb and the control module, because I tested the control module without the button pcb, just shorting the connections with my tweezer on the connector, without the cable plugged in.
By the time of first failure I tested all the connections with my tester but I'll do some investigation again. Maybe it's affordable to change all the connectors. I hope there is some stupid little failure.
I worked a lot on this DAC and I became more and more happy with the result.

Hello

I have the V1.1 version of this board (blue pcb, AK4118 receiver). I am looking at doing the TVDD to 5v mod. It looks like this can be done by cutting one of the inductor coils and connecting a 5v supply there. Only problem is, my eyes aren't what they used to be and I can't follow the traces to see which one to tap into.

I know others have done this mod, and there used to be a photo showing which inductor to use, but it's no longer available. Has anyone still got it anywhere, or can anyone tell me which one to cut into?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.