Dying diy moral.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
If some of you could guide me to some literature or books,which could help me understand these things, it will be of great help.

The Art Of Electronics - Horowitz & Hill (mostly solid state, but clear writing).

Finding PCBs for the project: either they are shown in the thread in the form of layouts or else you go to Group Buys and look. Or make ur own, or DIY it "dead bug" or "manhattan style".

As far a learning, build a kit first, make sure you can solder, read a schematic and know what the parts are. Then try your hand at a VERY simple scratch project, make sure you have basic tools, soldering iron and DVM, preferably a scope.

Trying an amp project or similar with no prior experience is not likely to work - although some people have done it.

_-_-bear

many real good suggestions here

and they might be convenient
though it could be an improvement, I doubt it will make a huge difference

take a look at F5
it is very carefully described, in every detail
ready to go you might say

and we still have a HUGE F5 thread
and members complaining its hard to find the special details
so people ask some of the same questions over and over again

that was the issue to begin with, as far as I remember

my question was, "who have the responsibility to keep a thread organised" ?
or who have the responsibility to open "subthreads" ?
etc etc

I remember offerering help to edit the title of a tech related thread starting with "happy new year"
it was refused with something like, "doesnt matter, and who cares anyway"

Sorry, but this touches on one of my pet hates with regard to how diyaudio has set up the forum: the 30min post editing time limit. If there were no time limit the OP could edit the first post with links to subsequent posts or numbers of them to make it easier, like an index. Some will not, but some will and it's much easier to just say read post 1 and the links therein rather than search the whole thread to try to remember when you made a point.

A great example of this is the Ewave thread at Audiokarma.

Zilch has added links to builds and build details to make it easier for people to find the appropriate information.

Attachments

• ban.gif
    ban.gif
    1.2 KB · Views: 125
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.