Dying diy moral.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Apparently not frustrated enough to actually do something other than complain that someone else isn't putting in the hours and hours of hard, unpaid work that you want.

That is not true SY, i love yer tube-lovin-*** none-the-less! I put out too many hours in my life that I will never get back in terms of money. I currently volunteer at the local food bank. I also mentor autistic children in a special program for the neighborhood. I'm a bum, unemployed right now, but I put it back where it counts. I always did, even when I swung the high job making $150,000.00 per year selling transistors as a punk.

I think a "new order" is in chime. You gotta go with the kids or get lost these days...what'dya think?

Disabled Account
Joined 2007
One simple way I have seen the problem of updates, latest pcb etc dealt with at other forums is for the first post in the project thread to remain editable by the thread starter. The thread starter then just puts the latest info in the first post.

This would be a HUGE improvement and could make a big difference to the way project threads are viewed.
Wintermute must have connected with Neuromancer on this one. :)

I talked to my buddy, i can get a year of web site service for free. I can NOT get unlimited upload/download for free! If I build a site with all this "legal" free data, then the DIY index willl be born. If I embark on this journey, other members need to be involved.

This is not the proper set up for high-tech audio gurus to hang out!
What would be the proper set-up? This site suits me fine. We can share text, graphics and pictures. At its best it is like attending a lecture by an expert. At its worst it is like listening to an ignorant bore in a pub!

Other parts of the internet are fine for other purposes. E.g. instant messaging for people who like to talk without thinking. Picture/video sharing sites for people who want to show the world how stupid and self-obsessed they are, while inviting ID fraud.

At its best it is like attending a lecture by an expert. At its worst it is like listening to an ignorant bore in a pub!

Well said man! "You earned your new badge! You will get to look at the riffle next weekend, if you are a good lad we may let you hold it in your hands."

My daddy shoved the 22gauge in my hands when he was pisssed drunk, he could not take the shot and make it, he counted on me to make rabbit stew that night. I shot the rabbit and we DID have stew that night. I am no city slicker! I grew up on the salty shores of the Atlantic. You guys are a bunch of P%SSIES. Born and raised on concrete? In the burbs? In the Hood? Go blow smoke out yer ***!

All this spoon-feed-me city-slicker thinking brings me down.

TO SET THE RECORD STRAIGHT: Let me take you all over to a place that holds yer heart in good health.

I think a listing for schematics would be redundant as there are nearly countless other sites which archive a bazillion schemos.........one just needs to find them.
I do believe searching for specifics/schematics is an experience onto itself, as one more than likely will get somewhat sidetracked into a discussion with an interest all its own. Its like an Archaeological expedition........You never know where it might lead you.
I am concerned with the OP statement(paraphrased)" I don't know anything about electronics" ???????
How can you go car racing if you don't know how to open the door? "Whats this round thing in front of me used for?"

_______________________________________________________Rick........

I see so many "noobs" come here. They either want the "1.5KW blaster" or find a dubious , unrefined internet project or build an ebay "trainwreck". Then they come to DIYA to ask why it does not work ...or oscillates :confused: . They want instant gratification , they don't/ won't search. If they were greeted by a permanent "sticky" that was always "in their face" they might choose something safer , more trouble free.

Some luck-out , and find a DX amp ,apex, mongrel , quasi , or Dr. Bora's plans.Those are the ones who take the time and read the threads to see what problems or glory a specific design has to offer. A listing of schematics would be overkill and HUGE (I have 1000's). Just a few dozen of the best / safest , sorted out by skill level , power ratings , and cost.

PS - I don't need this , I have THE database , tools , time. The new members would find it easier to choose , rather than start a thread "which amp should I build" or " I built this ebay amp , and it does not work ..HELP!! "

OS

Indeed many do not want to put the work into it! By the time I was 14 I had read every book on electronics in every library for a 20 mile radius... There was no internet with help forums back in those days. It was sheer dedication and hard work!
As a now 46 year old audio electronics professional I don't mind giving a bit of help where it's due to newcomers, but they must be willing to do their own groundwork!
And yes, there are things I would never post on this forum because I have to keep the best for paying customers! One has to eat and pay bills don't yer know :sing:

You can spend your spare time looking at amplifier designs and such(I do). You can make a career in audio if you like staring down at paper(I did). Most recent, I spent a small bundle purchasing Curl's latest book and yesterday, I downloaded it from a torrent on the net so I can view it on my netbook! What a great world we live in? Welcome to North America, the new open global state, take everything for granted now. (Relax a bit, North America is a metaphor.)

I hope my dust gets a good nap when this is all over. Right now, “it seems to me”, every point of every power wants to drive it in the dirt. Money has become passion. Passion is a layer of ink in the press. Can you imagine that?
All that pressure pushing down on you?
Nothing left of you but your blood on a danm dollar bill?
...to be traded and sold for less than its worth?

Wake up, stop dreaming! This world is heading for a nose dive! We here sit and debate trivial things, about gain and the subjectivity of sound?

Disaster capitalism is coming your way! Nah nah nah this guy is mad! See you in a couple of years.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.