Dx Precision, finally released... now debugged and better than HRII

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Thanks for your advices, brother. I am not thaaat white...

Maybe I'll dare to post some picks as I've lost 6kg reading "the book I sent you" ;)

In my defense, and to your tranquility, I deny the picture of me that I wrongly induced you to believe :D I am a relaxed man, not to your standard but improving, he, he...

Here, a picture of my children, last summer. The garotinha who walks away from the picture is my little beloved nightmare :D (yes, four children).

http://picasaweb.google.com/maxlorenz24/AONuevoYPlaya/photo#5159598351298722098

photo

To build their equipment, spanish, palestinian, french and polish genes were imported, and probably local indian genes too, because they are stuborn!

Any good Dengue repellent?

Cheers,
M

There are some tropical skin cream, with repelent..good to skin and bad to insects

Made in Brasil by Johnson and Johnson.

Vacune se para febre amarilla.

Dengue is a problem....close the windows during the sunset, use repelent in your skin, air conditioned helps, fan also helps and those traditional products are easy to find here....in every drugstore or Supermarket near you.

Inside Hotel you gonna have air conditioned....no problems...and Copacabana has not too much mosquitoes..... cucaracha is what you gonna find there, and rats and mices and piggeons too.

Thousands of Dogs making dirty into the streets but forbiden into the beach sands.

Beach sand there is white as salt...do not forget the dark glasses to protect your vision.... there's no Sharks but watter is cold...lower than 15 degrées.... this watter comes from Argentine, Uruguai and South Pole.

Taste the tea with lemon they sell into Copacabana beach during Saturday and Sunday.... wonderfull!

Good travell....my people loves Chilean people.... you will feel confortable there.... and they will try to talk spanish there...they are very kind...i ensure you this.

I have watched ALL your pictures....thank you, beautifull family!

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• dengue medicines.jpg
    dengue medicines.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 479
Yep.... those white folks use to go to hospital when face sun exposition for long

time.... when they turn red people use to cool down with cold shower, fan, air conditionair and alcohol to evaporate fast and to remove heat from skin..... the skin is damaged this way because of alcohol, but the pain finishes immediatelly, a nice relief and next day the redish skin almost disappear..... well.... more three days the guy turns alike a snake changing skin.

regards,

Carlos

Yes... skin cancer is a hell bad problem Dave

Discovery Channel have informed that one Italian American woman, making researches inside US, have discovered the medicine to cancer, to stop celular division imediatelly... a plant found in deep points of Atlantic Ocean... was that wrong news?

I have lost many important people in my family for cancer, and i found that wonderfull... do not know the result of those researches made with that plant, that do not need photo synthesis, and wich life do not depends from temperature, from oxigen and from ligth.... alike those Crabs found at 10 thousand meters deep, living near a Vulcano apperture, where temperature was higher than 400 degrées Celsius (100 degrées means boiling watter).

regards Dave... thank you by the "social" conversation...sometimes needed to join our crew members into some kind of chat.... thank you all, Max, Taj and other that contributed with our living room chat conversation.

Now returning to our main subject:

........................................................................................................

Those line bellow Q21 colector are strange to me too Nordic, maybe i just cannot remember, can you "refresh" my memory please?.

What for?

regards,

Carlos

.....................................................................................................

You informations about the mails sent, how many of the destination name would be very nice to us to make a follow up...this way the thread will not be dead during this period of time mail with boards are travelling....we gonna have reasons to talk and to continue some conversations about boards and generic things related audio too.

So, if you're not ill or too much busy Nico, please, post some words about.

Alike:

Today, April 10, i have sent 3 mails, still travelling, carrying BEAUTIFULL LOVELY BOARDS TO PRECISION CONSTRUCTION!

ahahahaha!

Picture is a very popular speaker, used into automobiles, to powerholic folks, Selenium is the brand, and those ones cost to me was only 40 dollares by two.... they bougth wrong...they bougth 8 ohms when powerholics wants 4 ohms... this have happened into my automobile repair place... a bargain to me. (half the price)

Carlos

Attachments

• selenium, 8 ohms.jpg
    selenium, 8 ohms.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 766

taj

diyAudio Member
Joined 2005
Hi Billabong,

If I understand you correctly, I think the 2 lines you're seeing on the blue PCB photo must just be an artifact of viewing the photograph from that angle at that resolution -- unless you're actually looking at a real PCB when you say that. I suspect a better view of the PCB will show it all drawn correctly.

Nico, is R40 (and surrounding resistors) drawn correctly on the final silkscreen?

..Todd

I see what confused you guys...

Without the component values you just see the outline of the resistors without the endcaps... the values had to go inside the body which would clear the placement thing up for you...

Maybe now you undertand why I was so insistent on them fixing the boards to avoid any confusion...

Attachments

• img_0650_1.jpg
    img_0650_1.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 720
Thanks for the close-up Nordic - all clear now.

I'm trying to figure out the amount of heatsinking I'll need for the two Mundorf M-Lytic 47000uF 80V caps I'll be using. They are intended to be mounted on heatsinks. The cap bases are provided already prepared, with thermal pads attached. I couldn't find any information on the web, and the Australian supplier was no help. I'm mounting the two caps horizontally towards the top centre of the amp back panel. The panel is 3mm anodised aluminium, 151.5 (H) x 500 (W). It attaches to heatsinks at the ends. I might run the caps that way, and if they get hot might add a finned heatsink.

I was going to use Epcos Sikorel 33000uF100V, but would have had to buy 24 pieces at a (discount) price of AU$101.80 each ($2443.20!!)

billabong.

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Plated through holes

I'm glad the boards could be fixed-up quickly. The silk screening looks very fine now.

This brings me to a question about PC production cost. During your interactions with your fabricator have you perhaps found out what is involved ($) when ordering "plated- through holes" on a PC? This is more for my education than anything else. I have purchase several PC boards recently for DIY that were plated-through.

The PI boards are fine, but without plated-through holes one is limited to soldering the power transistors before installing them on the heatsink, if you go with the PC board parallel to the heatsink. (I know, I know; you guys voted for the bracket installation).

After building my HRII with the big transistors soldered first, it seems that the transistors should be soldered after everything is in and the PC is on the heatsink. With the PI I guess I will have to use the angle bracket installation after all.

Regards,
Francois

The angle bracket will keep your copper lines safe

Using bracket, the board's weigth will not go to the power transistor leads, so, no destruction...the screw will hold the sandwich of aluminium...one side the transistor, into the middle the aluminium and down you have the board... so, it is tigth and resistant.

Only the power transistors will hold the board in place, in a very strong way, without risks to destroy the copper pads you have to solder the power units.

regards,

Carlos

Hi Francois, sorry for the delay, can't seem to get through to DIYaudio intermittently... Interesting aspect you bring up for the plated through holes...

It would be nice if there was a way to instruct them to only p;ate through some holes... I hate desoldering stuff from plated through holes... it always ends in tears...

Of course for this run it was out of the question as the size of the board grew quite a bit after the innitial quote and payments...

I will enquire though as I am also quite interested in priceing as I am working on some double sided designs of other things... (guitar stompboxes)

I agree with Carlos, I was not realy receptive to the idea of an L bracket, but decided to give it a go, useing much thinner angle stock than recommended even... and it was quite a delight to work with... it also brough me the solution to cheap heatsinking... attaching the angle stock over two heatsinks....

And yes soldering the large thransistor I think is normally done by soldering in the middle leg first and then adjusting before soldering the rest... this also give the heat from soldering somewhere to go...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.