Dx Blame ES .... based into the Blameless, i am trying a new amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Danilo Coke is also building, he has prepared this board that will be revised

Not checked, just to show you we are moving our bodies to do something.

Soon the amplifier will be tested with THREE different boards, to be absolutelly sure it is stable (or not)

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• Danilo.jpg
    Danilo.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 396
  • placa raiox2.jpg
    placa raiox2.jpg
    208.4 KB · Views: 403
  • placa transferencia 2.gif
    placa transferencia 2.gif
    112.1 KB · Views: 373
Good idea to the next one dear Eva...you know, i have been watching that

since a long time ago, and soon this will happens, now i will wait ONE forum folks assemble and at least three guys from my Orkut, them i will understand my job was done.

I was watching this yesterday, while i was uploading some schematics do my dear friend Canadien, Monsieur Gaetan.

I would like to understand, more than i know (not too much) the advantages, the off set correction is obvious, but tell me something more dear Eva.

I have to keep myself in focus, not to delirate too much and start several things at same time, this is my problem, only two hands and the day having only 24 hours, i would like 12 hands to work faster and to do several things at same time...i cannot...sadly i cannot.

Please, do me a favor Eva, tell us something about error correction, in simple words to us to understand clearly what this really does, the results we may have, the real advantages.

Will read "simulation analisis of..... "

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• Error correction.jpg
    Error correction.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 390
Last edited:
Some images for my dear friends, ... today i will build another Dx Blame ES

The peanut image is because i thing forum folks (not all forum folks) needs more energy to assemble things,...maybe your wife is also complaining my dear..what about some more peanuts in your life?

BD139/140 transistors, they are good, they can work at 100 Megahertz, i have built several transmitters using this one, Radio Frequency transmitters operating 108 Megahertz, also i have used as drivers (with some losses) in 144 Megahertz Radio Amateurs VHF transceivers, also in CB Radio Transceivers ad 10 meters SSB transceivers... do not tell me they are not good.... i will turn mad imediatelly, i am sure they are very good for audio.

Observe there are models that has metal surface to transfer heat to the heatsink, also it puts the colector into the heatsink metal surface, this is not good as some parasitic capacitances may bother you....there are other model that does not have metal exposed, all black plastic (things you give a shape, plasticity) cover.

I do not use MJE340/350 because i do not have them, they are weak, the leads broke whenyou bent them, they are easy to oscilate, in the Simulator (Multisim 10) they usually result in bigger THD....i do not use them because i do not like them, do not trust them, this one you can say is not good and i will not be mad with you.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• I have both.jpg
    I have both.jpg
    164.8 KB · Views: 124
  • You need energy to build more amps.jpg
    You need energy to build more amps.jpg
    171.2 KB · Views: 138
  • Types of BD transistors.jpg
    Types of BD transistors.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 383
What's the problem with my boards?

ahahahahah!...they are pretty!

Easy to understand, the schematic is there, watch and you will see, it is simple and stone aged, the simple and direct transference from the schematic to the board, then you drill hole to the part's leads and in the other side you connect them using lines and last you join the wires into small islands... between islands you use Dremmel high speed machine to erode and remove copper, them you will have copper islands...Ready!

Build Dx Amplifiers folks, and come here to say if you dislike...maybe you will be the first and great doing that, everybody likes!

To listen other amplifiers, with some exceptions of course (your own amplifier my dear reader), you will need these earplugs.... listen something will not produce pain in your......... hehehehe..... ears!

I will build another amplifier today!...will listen new amplifier today!...will have pleasure, once again and today!..while you will listen nothing new or special because you did nothing today!

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• Build Dx Amps, not needed earplugs.jpg
    Build Dx Amps, not needed earplugs.jpg
    256.6 KB · Views: 121
  • What's the problem.jpg
    What's the problem.jpg
    167.9 KB · Views: 106
  • Dx Blame ES board.jpg
    Dx Blame ES board.jpg
    182 KB · Views: 92
Boys, i am running against the clock, the year is going to the end

and i would like to offer you, as soon as possible, news about four different board assembled and tested.

The one i will build today.

The Danilo Coke layout

Todd Johnson official Corporation Layout

And the one i have already assembled, the one gave me some bad times

This material, now posted, was checked by Taj, but you know, we are humans, despite he is much better than i am doing such kind of job (revision), he is younger and more clever, has better spatial intelligence, But even this way, something can be missed, i will check at nigth, as i have things to do.

I have to walk along the beach to see the girls passing by, very inspirating this to me.

And build the board is ready to go!

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• DX Blame ES schematic TAJ (2).pdf
    178.8 KB · Views: 189
  • DX Blame ES BoM.doc
    79.5 KB · Views: 152
  • Dx Blame ES, schematic TAJ (2)-.pdf
    60.4 KB · Views: 172
Last edited:

taj

diyAudio Member
Joined 2005
Here's PDF of the copper and a clear picture of the layout (the layout PDF was too big for diyAudio.)

A couple items to note:

1. The power resistors are Mills/Huntington brand (non-inductive) which are substantially smaller than the typical ceramic white square ones. Please substitute with whatever you can find that fits. The BoM shows the digi-key part# for the Mills resistors if you want to go that way.
  2. Sadly, I haven't spent the time to learn PCB software, so I draw these with illustration software, which I am very fast with. But there is no circuit checking or standard parts libraries this way. Be afraid, this has not been tested.
  3. The PCB was designed to mount 'sandwich style' on a heatsink ledge (or L-bracket attached to the heatsink.) The PCB mounts under the ledge, the output devices mount on top of the ledge. If you are not mounting this way, you can cut off the extra PCB material.
  4. :deer:
..Todd

Attachments

• DXBlameES-pcb-copper.pdf
    53.6 KB · Views: 139
  • ES-layout.png
    ES-layout.png
    121.7 KB · Views: 394
Last edited:
Despite i love the sonics, i continue having strong suspections this circuit is not

stable, i am having troubles with the Craftsman style board too.

This way, i suggest to friends, the ones interested to build, to wait the results from the Brazilian Orkut Audiophile Communitty results.

There we gonna test Taj board layout and another layout prepared by Danilo...if those ones presents some kind of problem, then i will confirm my suspections.

I know it it something to trust, inspired by Doctor Douglas Self Blameless design is something really strong, but believe me, even this way can be a lovely sounding "lemmon".

48 years building amplifiers made me perceive when amplifiers start to present strange things, better do stop with them, there are units very unstable, in my life i have never good relationship with CCS.... and suspections goes there, because removing and installing the traditional zener regulator everything turns stable once again.

There are several signs we go learning while buiding and having several units presenting problems, i am recognizing these signs.

Do not build before my OK!

regards,

Carlos

Last edited:
My small board, Craftsman style is operating fine.

So, second board operating fine, my Orkut friends are building others, using other boards.

This resistance must be 100 ohms, or even 82 ohms, this is the value adjusted in the production line (ahahahahah!... Corporation is this way)

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• Correct value, change please!.gif
    Correct value, change please!.gif
    18.5 KB · Views: 315
  • Dx Blame ES, Craftsman board style operating.jpg
    Dx Blame ES, Craftsman board style operating.jpg
    164.8 KB · Views: 294
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.