Dual pre output? Aleph L clone

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi guys ,bought the Pass Aleph L clone from Jim's Audio with relay volume control.
I want to run two power anps : one Rotel Michi RHB10 to power my Gale 401A's and one Connexelectronic IRS2092 kit for subs.
I note that on a lot of valve pre amp designs with parallel outputs have 1k resistors connected between the two left and two right hot pins , is this necessary or advantageous with this solid state design.
Thanks in advance,
Gordon

I am using a Mini DSP 2X4 on the output to the subs only ie the feed for the Gales goes straight from pre to Michi power amp, with a jc2 clone preamp on the output side of the DSP to raise the gain into the sub amp Zen.

Last edited:
I am looking for the similar solution. Was thinking whether it is more feasible to dual the dac output or do the conversion on the pre-amp level.

Actually DRV134-135 look like a suitable solution.

You can use two drivers per channel and ground the negative output.

I am still trying to find whether there are any multiplexer solutions which would provide + and + outputs instead of + and -

Hi guys ,bought the Pass Aleph L clone from Jim's Audio with relay volume control.
I want to run two power anps : one Rotel Michi RHB10 to power my Gale 401A's and one Connexelectronic IRS2092 kit for subs.
I note that on a lot of valve pre amp designs with parallel outputs have 1k resistors connected between the two left and two right hot pins , is this necessary or advantageous with this solid state design.
Thanks in advance,
Gordon

Hi Gordon

You really need two discrete L R circuits at pre amp level for running
separate speakers / separate amps, I also run gale401A ... lovely speakers,
surprised though you need a sub as the 401a has magnificent bass reproduction.

Cheers / Chris

Hi Gordon

You really need two discrete L R circuits at pre amp level for running
separate speakers / separate amps, I also run gale401A ... lovely speakers,
surprised though you need a sub as the 401a has magnificent bass reproduction.

Cheers / Chris
Big , lightly furnished room with lots of hard surfaces Chris. My original pair of Gales in the UK with standard UK sized lounge room had great bass but this second pair in my current room need augmentation. The dual subs are Isobaric in nature and were designed for music rather than ht use. The subs add more lf slam but I still need to work on integration..
Cheers,
Gordon

leave output to Gale amps untouched , buffer (either with simple R or active buffer) output leading to bass section

Zen: For clarity, is this an adequate example of an active buffer?

Attachments

• Buffer.jpg
    Buffer.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 91
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.