• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

DUAL Merus MA12070 fully balanced Amplifier pictures inside

Don't insulate anything with copper as I did. Start with the ferrite ring to the AC cable short before the plug. That alone should improve this amp quite a lot. Probably even more than insulating the internal cables. If you feel like there is still room for improvement after that, I would either insulate the SPK-cables (internal) or twist them and put some small ferrite clips to it as daniboun suggested.

I agree. You can also do the following, instead of insulating everything from inside : start to add some Ferrites like this...

If the result does not seem convincing, do it from the inside.

Really interesting ) I took a look to the SPEC CORPORATION amps, they seem to be very well made. I have to understand that the SPEC amps use Infineon chips? But at what cost ).... would you tell us more about the RSA-V10 for example ?

That being said, the MA12070 has a totally different "grain" than the TPA3255 but just like the latter, it will sound very different depending on its implementation and the components around it .... this is not a scoop)

For example, this below amp I mounted sounds different than my Sabaj A20A and yet uses the same MA12070 ... I find the same grain of the "chip" but the Sabaj sounds much better)

HI diyaudio
can some one give me a link on who to make it in a 2.1 configuration?
I know that the ma12070 chip have a 2.1 mode, but it could be done with 3 board, lets assume that i want to do a dual mono like this one..
or its better to get one of the reference aliexpress board (if you have another recomendation please let my know) as i dont need for to much power, but a 2.1 system.

thanks