Does this type of Desktop Digital Audio player exist?

So, you dont like phones as controls because of shuffle play etc and you just want to be able to press play and forget? you do realise that just about every single player app supports playlists, or otherwise has this basic feature. perhaps you use spotify free and it interrupts to shuffle play on mobile? that can be fixed by paying the subscription. in fact, iirc, if you have the playlists setup on the desktop app, you can then play them from your mobile as spotify remote, even in the free version.

Well look at the steps required to play music from the phone - find the phone, open the app, and I can't use the phone for calls that entire time, hours on end. If I have a second phone that will probably be an old one which does not have the apps. Listening in the living room is different: you know where the equipment is, switch it on, then click a button to move to the folder you want and press play. A remote control for volume will be all that is needed. I used to play music from my phone via Bluetooth, it was convenient, but the convenience wore out because I needed to charge the phone each time or use it tethered to a charger.

A digital player is better than a CD - less steps to play. There is a review out there that demonstrates the interface I am looking for:

I guess I cant see how its more convenient ... walk to a machine, navigate to a folder on a dinky little screen, press play, walk back and sit down, vs open an app and press play, without having to move at all. all apps I want to use are a click away and you could even fairly easily set the phone up to listen for verbal commands. The idea is to not host the content and play via bluetooth, rather use your phone to point your server/player at the content you want it to play, which can be a drive local to the optionally headless machine, or a network drive/NAS/stream. Your phone doesnt play/broadcast the content, it merely tells the app what to play. Cant use the phone to make calls while its being used as a remote? thats not the case; again, dont play content from your phone, use your phone to control your player and it doesnt broadcast your call over the stereo. I dont know how old your second phone would have to be to not be able to run this way. I use an old iphone 5SE or a first gen ipad mini as my remotes. buy what you want to buy mate, just not sure you are basing your decisions on what the reality is. Also, with cheap players as have been mentioned, the range of formats you are able to play will be very limited. If that doesnt bother you thats fine of course.

actually, I do need to double check if that works on iphone, it may still interrupt it; even using it as just a remote. I use old devices that dont ring, but you can certainly stop notifications from interrupting/pausing playback. you can work around it in android.
I agree as a remote control a smart phone is hard to beat, better than a button remote. At some point all remotes will have touch screens. I used the phone as a media player with Bluetooth connectivity, and, as Darko points out, Bluetooth is lossy, so you have the lossy mp3 playing through a lossy communication channel, must make for good music.

I told you to get a touch screen player intended for cars.
They sound as good as you speakers, which you will find aplenty in new and old parts shops.
Then rig a big linear supply, and you are ready to go.
You can build a computer for that kind of money - $200, here old HP and Lenovo machines go for $50 and up... put a new HDD, and do a general service, that is all.

The video below addresses the differences between vinyl and digital audio sources. Apparently digital is better: I only mention this since I am looking for a digital player of some sort, and once considered purchasing a turntable. Vinyl never impressed me with its significant lack of bass, when I did have a turntable. It turns out there is something called RIIA equalization, however this has an effect. So digital is good. Even digital players have their analog section, which has a big effect on sound quality.

From experience, a good tape recorded to a digital format using a top notch tape deck sounds as good as CD in my opinion, I have one of these recordings in my possession. The vinyl recordings are not much better as far as I can tell, better than the mp3 version, and if the record is damaged in the first place the sound is inferior to mp3 I have one of in these on my possession as well.

Even mp3s can be made to sound better- clearer and more punchy with equalization. Even YouTube videos can be of acceptable quality.

The future looks bright for digital. I had reservations about going fully digital but not these are disappearing.

Will likely sound even better if you stop using mp3 format, and look into something better. The popular video hosting site often has 720p as an option for playing. Try a WAV, or flac file type if saving files. Keep in mind that the quality of the original recording will have a dominant effect on the outcome.

I have been using some of these lately with various power supplies just to compare, have been impressed, and are based on a popular Jei Li chip. The onboard electrolytic coupling caps are better bypassed with a solid wire, any better parts installed off the tiny boards.

C4A0ACDC-2A9D-40E8-8E5D-01B857C106F0.jpeg

With the Zoudio amplifier, you can skip the analog section entirely. www.zoudio.com It has its own BT receiver and as I understand it, the audio stays in digital form all the way through until the speaker terminals. It would drop into your "mp3 > Phone > Bluetooth amplifier > Hi Fi Speakers" model nicely.

I believe it has an analog input, so you could connect a TT (with appropriate RIAA EQ to line level preamp) if you ever decide to use one. Tape deck, also. USB connectivity to a computer has been promised b Zoudio in the future.

Mine easily connects via BT to the laptop PC I'm typing on now. However, I'm listening at the moment through Daphile, running on a stand alone box.

You know, sometimes the phone / PC and BT capable amp is just so convenient; easy to get hooked on it as nearly indispensable.

With the Zoudio amplifier, you can skip the analog section entirely. www.zoudio.com It has its own BT receiver and as I understand it, the audio stays in digital form all the way through until the speaker terminals. It would drop into your "mp3 > Phone > Bluetooth amplifier > Hi Fi Speakers" model nicely.

You know, sometimes the phone / PC and BT capable amp is just so convenient; easy to get hooked on it as nearly indispensable.
I still don't get the Zoudio thing, their website does not help either, maybe a YouTube video will explain it to me.

It seems a good idea to have BT reciever speakers with their own amplifier, cuts the effects of speaker wires - funny how it ends the speaker wire debate, but I am not really into powered speakers : I like amplifiers.

I do not think I will ever use a turntable, given the convenience and reliability of digital audio. Not only is it convenient it is really cost effective and digital sources will last forever.

It makes more sense to just have the amplifiers in the same chassis as the speaker than converting to bluetooth and back again before doing the same thing. If that is indeed what zoudio claims (that its digital all the way to the speaker terminals) then they dont understand their own hardware ...