Does this explain what generates gravity?

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Isn’t dark matter just all the unlit dust hanging out in the universe? For everything we can see there has to be a whole lot that has gone dark or was never lit — just like here, for everyone posting there are “50” lurking.

Now Dark Energy i haven’t got my head around.

Sring Theory is mathematical gymnastics trying to find something that models real life. Its greatest contribution in the end might the extention of mathematics that have had to be made.

We are resonant nodes/standing waves in a giant multi-dimensional “musical” soup of ibrations of something. Something simple i’m guessing. We can only “see” deep enuff to image quarks.

dave

Isn’t dark matter just all the unlit dust hanging out in the universe? For everything we can see there has to be a whole lot that has gone dark or was never lit
Nope. Dust and gas clouds in space are visible, as they cast a shadow. Same for massive dark bodies, including black holes.

We are missing 80% of the mass in the measurable universe. It's got to be there but it's invisible as light goes straight through it. It's a weird world.

Dark matter is inside you and around you now. We are perfectly ignorant of 80% of what matter is.

I don't know the definition of dark matter but I think that there is an ether and that the tension in the ether sets the speed of light. Empty space has properties and I have no issue calling empty space an ether. Since the motion of any object changes its mass to an effective larger mass then it is logical that an ether is providing the resistance to motion. Also, space can be warped by gravity so what is being warped? Additionally, empty space is electrical since it has permittivity and permeability. So, there appears to be some background structure of space that is electrical and gravitational and we should call it something if not ether. If dark matter does exist then maybe it is the particle or a particle of the ether.

Reactions: 2 users
Joined 2009
Paid Member
I don't know the definition of dark matter but I think that there is an ether and that the tension in the ether sets the speed of light. Empty space has properties and I have no issue calling empty space an ether. Since the motion of any object changes its mass to an effective larger mass then it is logical that an ether is providing the resistance to motion. Also, space can be warped by gravity so what is being warped? Additionally, empty space is electrical since it has permittivity and permeability. So, there appears to be some background structure of space that is electrical and gravitational and we should call it something if not ether. If dark matter does exist then maybe it is the particle or a particle of the ether.
It’s Dark Matter you refer to as the aether. Or it’s what the idea of the aether has developed into, it seems.

Joined 2011
I don't know the definition of dark matter but I think that there is an ether and that the tension in the ether sets the speed of light
Two minutes reading basic historical physics would disabuse you of trying to recreate dead end ideas. You are a century out of date.
it is logical that an ether is providing the resistance to motion
Thats irrational. There is no "resistance to motion" in deep space. Objects endlessly slide on the time space continuum.

Also, space can be warped by gravity so what is being warped?
Try and wrap your head around General Relativity. It's enlightening. Maybe some maggots can help:

;-)
Further suggestions:
Why do you post rubbish? There's a torrent of misinformation here already, without posting non-physicists spouting complete rubbish as a reference.

This thread is doomed. Its a testament to some unfortunate reflections on humans:

few can grasp even basic physics

most would rather believe their own nonsense then do some basic education

on social media, anyone can post almost anything :)