Does JFET Idss change with temperature?

It changes, but I'm not sure in what direction.

Thank you, Marcel. (y)

I'm pretty sure Idss increases with higher temperatures.

The reason for my question is as follows:
* I generally set the current passing through a jfet to be 70% of the Idss - as I understand this is well within the linear region of a jfet's operation. (I set the current by adjusting the Source resistor.)

* so if I have measured Idss (with my Peak Atlas DCA75) to be, say, 10ma ... I will set the Source resistor so that 7ma is passing through the jfet.

* but if I have measured Idss at, say, 18 deg C - then if the jfet is operating in a warmer climate ... Idss might increase to, say, 11ma?

* in which case, the 7ma passing through the jfet drops to only 64% of Idss - which is perhaps below the linear range?

* of course - if the increase in Idss at, say, 24 deg is only 10.1ma (up from 10ma at 18 deg) ... then that's not enough difference to cause a problem! :)

Thank you, Marcel. (y)

I'm pretty sure Idss increases with higher temperatures.

The reason for my question is as follows:
* I generally set the current passing through a jfet to be 70% of the Idss - as I understand this is well within the linear region of a jfet's operation. (I set the current by adjusting the Source resistor.)

* so if I have measured Idss (with my Peak Atlas DCA75) to be, say, 10ma ... I will set the Source resistor so that 7ma is passing through the jfet.

* but if I have measured Idss at, say, 18 deg C - then if the jfet is operating in a warmer climate ... Idss might increase to, say, 11ma?

* in which case, the 7ma passing through the jfet drops to only 64% of Idss - which is perhaps below the linear range?

* of course - if the increase in Idss at, say, 24 deg is only 10.1ma (up from 10ma at 18 deg) ... then that's not enough difference to cause a problem! :)
There is zero tempco for jfets.
Erno Borbely say that zero tempco is at Vgs=Vp+0,63V

j113 Idss decreasing with temperature.
J170bl idss mostly incresing with temperature.

So, there is no general rule, it depends from actual jfet Vp.