Do MC carts sound better than MM ones?

well, do MC carts sound better than MM ones?

• yep

Votes: 52 69.3%
  • nope

Votes: 23 30.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
In retrospect, DDT isn't so bad. Hmmm, does this mean I'm not getting a Nobel this year?

Problem with the cartridge sealing is that most plastic films are very permeable to gases. They'll slow down the process, but will it be enough to preserve Tutankhamen's cartridge? I hope so- if Scott has a good experience, I'll sell my son into slavery and pop for another one from that seller.

In retrospect, DDT isn't so bad. Hmmm, does this mean I'm not getting a Nobel this year?

Problem with the cartridge sealing is that most plastic films are very permeable to gases. They'll slow down the process, but will it be enough to preserve Tutankhamen's cartridge? I hope so- if Scott has a good experience, I'll sell my son into slavery and pop for another one from that seller.

When all is said and done, I don't think I would risk more than $150-200 on one this old. They are again available I noticed at >$7000. Which brings up the question of why there are not more? I mean no RIAA, no $300 teflon caps, etc. I suspect there is something that only a "big" guy can take on after all the engineering of tiny things has made huge advances (GE makes semicon strain guages by the millions).

Speaking of risks, maybe getting that Grace re-tipped isn't a bad idea. $70 USD for shipping a stylus. Insult, meet injury:

Attachments

• F9E_insanity.jpg
    F9E_insanity.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 241
UPS to Canada

is a major PITA. About $50 of that charge is UPS' "brokerage fee", essentially a flat $50 fee "included" in the cost.

A better option is USPS (United States Postal Service), insured. Often under USD $10 for a small package. Ask the vendor if he'll send that way.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.