diyAudio Power Supply Circuit Board v3 illustrated build guide

Sooooo... Way back in post 1 this comment is made "Feel free to snap off the diode section and use monolithic bridges. They work and sound great!" What does this mean and why would it "sound great"?
As well, there are several images that are links that just go to the archives with no direct link to the pics and I'm afraid I'm missing a lot of info now. My schematic reading skills are non-existent as well so though I can decipher what some of it is I can't necessarily follow the paths very well. Is there a way to find these images?

Thx
Dave

3300pF X/Y rated and CL-60. It doesn't change.

Place CL-60 in series between the two primaries, as shown in Firstwatt schematic.

BA-1-PS.png

C1 - 3300 x/y reveals only SMD items in Mouser search.
Could someone provide additional ordering info, please?

. Hello.
Here is my question of the day for the calculation of the R of Led.
Calculation of resistance R20 R21 of LED2 LED3 of the power supply:
Up=U power supply =23V (transformer 2x18v)
Uled= U Led

for a green LED with voltage U Led= 2.4V max and
I led is the service intensity: I led= 10mA

R= (Up - Uled) / I led
R= ( 23 - 2,4) / 0,10
R = 2060 ohm mini

Should I take this value of 2060 ohm or choose a value within the range indicated in the BOM which is 4.7 kohm to 10 ohm.

I warned you I might have some stupid questions.

Thanks

Hello,
Planning the build of M2X with Norwood daughter. Could I get some help with a BOM Power Supply Circuit Board v3? I either need a list of appropriate parts to search for to complete the build, or some very detailed instructions on how to calculate values that will allow me to source parts. Please take into account I know next to nothing about the circuit design nor much about electronics theory.
Thanks for the help,
Ses

Hello,
Planning the build of M2X with Norwood daughter. Could I get some help with a BOM Power Supply Circuit Board v3? I either need a list of appropriate parts to search for to complete the build, or some very detailed instructions on how to calculate values that will allow me to source parts. Please take into account I know next to nothing about the circuit design nor much about electronics theory.
Thanks for the help,
Ses

No need to calculate values or spend time sourcing parts. Just follow the BOM (Excel spreadsheet with Digikey part numbers) and the schematic attached to the first post in this thread and you will have the perfect power supply for the M2x.

Thanks WKCox! That is exactly the direct help I needed. I am also thankful I do not need to do alterations, as it would be outside my wheelhouse at this [gain] stage (Bah ha hah - pun intended!).
I noticed you are around the corner in Verona. I am on Madtown's east side. Good to know there is a builder in the area!
Ses