diyAudio Power Supply Circuit Board v3 illustrated build guide

Joined 2011
Paid Member
Try Mouser's parametric search. You'll find quite a few. If you insist upon buying 3W resistors which are physically as small or smaller than the ones in the BOM, so they are guaranteed to fit the PCB without requiring you to actually measure the PCB. . . . . . include the width and length as part of your parametric screening. 5.5mm wide , 15mm long if I didn't make an error. You'd better double check it.

Reactions: 1 user
Hello,
I'm not professional and need your collaboration. I started a build PassDIY Pearl 2. Could you help me and give me info on which elements need to change for power supply Pearl 2 in EU - 230 V/50 Hz in Poland? I want to order a solenoid transformer from Toroidy.pl.
Many thanks and Greetings,
Peter

Attachments

• PCU Pearl 2.png
    PCU Pearl 2.png
    103.1 KB · Views: 56
Joined 2019
Paid Member
Hello,
Many thanks for the answers. Could you tell me which elements of Power Supply Circuit Board v3 in BOM file xls need to change for power supply Pearl 2 and 230 V? Can I buy everything and will be correct to pearl2 or need to change for example diodes, capacitors or resistors for high voltage (+/-30V)?
https://diyaudiostore.com/collections/power-supplies-accessories/products/universal-psu

In the first thread, 6L6 wrote:
"This specific build will be suitable for any of the Pass/Firstwatt amps that use a +/-25V supply. If you need a higher voltage make sure you use capacitors of a suitable voltage rating for your project." - so I doubt because Peral2 need a +/-30V supply.

Thanks for your help.

Possible, but not such a good idea. The parts, specifically capacitors all have to be changed to find values that are at least 10% greater than the maximum supply voltage. In your case, at least 350 to 400V. This supply is really made for lower voltages and higher currents.
Why not consider alternatives that are suitable for preamps tube supplies? I think DIYA here has a dedicated thread for tube related posts. Also, search out Peter Millet's website/page, he has some great power supply boards and I think available now on eBay. Also do a search for Tent Labs.
By your question you don't have a lot of experience with power supplies. Please - take all caution. High voltage supplies can be lethal if the current travels a path through your heart. Too many have discovered this the needless way. Read and understand before building and putting the AC on! Best of luck.

The project is a tube pre-amp running on a handful of milliamps. The transformer secondary is 200v, then rectified, then going into the universal power supply board which will have 3800uf (8x475uf). And then, finally, going into the Linear Audio T reg board to regulate the 200v supply. I think this configuration is okay...No?