DIYA store "Wolverine" (Son of Badger) .... suggestions ??

20181212183721_Figure5-THATBalancedLineDandR.jpg

LKA has the grounding done correctly. Pin 1 goes to chassis along with the RF filter. The chassis loop breaker is providing the ground reference for the amplifier and converter, not pin 1. We did the same with our THAT 1206 converter. No need to worry how the source is connected when done this way normally. As an added twist some sources are now being wired incorrectly and the pin 1 to chassis connection at the amp is causing the source to hum.

I have a question about the EF3-4 board. I know you can use it with only 3 pair, but can the board be trimmed down to fit a 300mm deep chassis if run with only 3 pairs? I ask because I am on the fence about my chassis size and my goals for this build.
Is there a cutoff date for the first group buy? I put in for EF3-4, but may opt for the EF3-3 or a pair of each if the boards cannot be trimmed.
TIA

Joined 2016
Paid Member
I have a question about the EF3-4 board. I know you can use it with only 3 pair, but can the board be trimmed down to fit a 300mm deep chassis if run with only 3 pairs? I ask because I am on the fence about my chassis size and my goals for this build.
Is there a cutoff date for the first group buy? I put in for EF3-4, but may opt for the EF3-3 or a pair of each if the boards cannot be trimmed.
TIA
Unfortunately in your case the EF3-4 board can not be trimmed down to suit the EF3-3 footprint.

I will give everyone enough notice as the cut off date nears.

At this stage if everything goes as planned with Thimios's test of the EF3-4 I would say you still have approximately 3 weeks before the cut of date.

The first production batch of boards is now complete and is awaiting shipping to Thimios.

I was also interested in a 4-pair board but I was disappointed by its length. I think that in the board of 3 pairs, 4 pairs of transistors fit with a little work ...look the board of TITAN 2000 4 pairs and drivers ONLY 260mm.

Attachments

• Χωρίς τίτλο.png
    Χωρίς τίτλο.png
    96.5 KB · Views: 296
  • Χωρίς τίτλο1.png
    Χωρίς τίτλο1.png
    12.8 KB · Views: 239
Nikos, don't hold your breathe.
Minek123, from what I have seen and read you have more than enough information to start the design process for your own pcb design. Do not fab until you are certain that it is correct. Don't fool yourself everyone, it is a lot of work to get a pcb to work right, first rev. Anyone who does deserves a gold star (y)

Joined 2005
Paid Member
I was also interested in a 4-pair board but I was disappointed by its length. I think that in the board of 3 pairs, 4 pairs of transistors fit with a little work ...look the board of TITAN 2000 4 pairs and drivers ONLY 260mm.
Hi Nikos,

The Titan 2000 design uses a different shape of heatsink and was designed for use with forced cooling (fans)

The layout of the Wolverine EF3-4 is more suitable for passive cooling (no fans) and the distance between devices will actually help distribute the heat evenly across the heatsink.

Hope this helps

- Dan

Hi Nikos,

The Titan 2000 design uses a different shape of heatsink and was designed for use with forced cooling (fans)

The layout of the Wolverine EF3-4 is more suitable for passive cooling (no fans) and the distance between devices will actually help distribute the heat evenly across the heatsink.

Hope this helps

- Dan
Υes my friend of course and your explanation helps
I would just like a board with 4 pairs to be more compact only that.....
Some pcs 2005-2006 now this amp does not exist anymore....all by hands pcb....
Last pic from Elektor lab...

Attachments

• 25-12-09_1327 (1).jpg
    25-12-09_1327 (1).jpg
    188.5 KB · Views: 269
  • IMG_20211224_164602_739.jpg
    IMG_20211224_164602_739.jpg
    381.9 KB · Views: 257
  • 31-01-10_1136.jpg
    31-01-10_1136.jpg
    267.1 KB · Views: 283
  • HPIM1894(1) (1).JPG
    HPIM1894(1) (1).JPG
    413.3 KB · Views: 289
  • Χωρίς τίτλο.png
    Χωρίς τίτλο.png
    121.1 KB · Views: 303
Last edited:
Τhank you for caring about my health, your kindness .... unless you imply something else but I find it difficult to understand because English is not my mother spoken language..

"Don't hold your breathe" is an English expression that insinuates what you are waiting for may never come; or that your wait for it will be very long.

I can't think of a Greek equivalent (my Dad is a Greek, born and raised) though I'm sure there are plenty : )