diy speakers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Re: Re: diy speakers

planet10 said:

I'd start here -- at Bob Stout's Loudspeaker Driver Selection Guide. A lot of information covering lots of stuff laid out in an easy to digest manner.

dave

Is selecting drivers a good place to begin a DIY? I have read some amount of info on speaker building and not particularly clear on this one. Do people start by selecting the best driver they can afford and go from there to designing the xover etc?

I hope this is not a dumb question.

thanks
prash

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Re: Re: Re: diy speakers

prash said:
Is selecting drivers a good place to begin a DIY? I have read some amount of info on speaker building and not particularly clear on this one. Do people start by selecting the best driver they can afford and go from there to designing the xover etc?

Bob's site has a lot more in it than driver selection. When doing a DIy speaker the 1st thing you do is figure out what your design goals are -- then you start looking for sets of drivers that will accomplish this (keeping XO in mind), then you can select drivers, build the box & then the XO.

dave

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.