DIY Sony VFET pt 1

Regardless of their fabrication process, the 2SK1530 / 2SJ201 have characteristic that are very similar to lateral Mosfets. The only thing which is undetermined is whether they have a negative temperature coefficient to their on resistance.
There are circuits and applications which suggest that this pair, and their smaller siblings, the 2SK2013 / 2SJ313, are actually lateral FETs. Based on assumption of a negative tempco.

Last edited:
Birthday

Found these in the mail from an old friend. :) It's good to have friends. :D Oh ya, it was my birthday yesterday.

Attachments

• 20210706_171627[1].jpg
    20210706_171627[1].jpg
    607 KB · Views: 562
Found these in the mail from an old friend. :) It's good to have friends. :D Oh ya, it was my birthday yesterday.

This shows that there ARE a lot of these VFets floating around. I sure hope you will make something of it?

I'm patiently waiting for something BIG to come out of the Tokin SIT THF-51s - like a big 50 watter output with glorious large size heatsinks. Please take me back to the SoZ dayz!!!!! :D

well, my so-called "Tokin SIT THF-51S" devices, they look good, but they measure like . . .

a BJT-transistor

No measured resistance between D/S or S/D of between 25-60 ohm;
but a junction voltage BE of 0,552 V :whazzat:

You know, look at that grin :D of the seller
Come on, it is not even a Germanium one.

They rejected my refund request. "It’s the same as the picture, it’s sold a lot and customers say it’s easy to use." :(

Where they from AliExpress? There's no shortage of sellers there knocking off fakes:

THF 51 THF 51T THF 51S|Integrated Circuits| - AliExpress

and if you go over to eBay on watanabetomoaki's store (Japan), you will notice ALL of his Tokin SITs have been sold out. It's a no brainer where customers choose to buy the most.

This shows that there ARE a lot of these VFets floating around. I sure hope you will make something of it?

I'm patiently waiting for something BIG to come out of the Tokin SIT THF-51s - like a big 50 watter output with glorious large size heatsinks. Please take me back to the SoZ dayz!!!!! :D

There are a few, but I wouldn't go so far as to say alot. :djinn: