DIY Sony VFET pt 1

Curious what the Fedex "duties and taxes" fees are around the world.Here in Canada $58.69.
I am scared to even ask! Shipping alone was $101 here to Ecuador. Due to weight, it has to go through customs, and depending on what they report as the “type” of item being imported, it could be up to $320 in taxes (without handling fees) just for the chassis.

It could end up being the most expensive chassis ever! And the parts Kit will probably be the same depending on final shipping rice (still holding on purchase to see if a less pricey option is available).

So things are not looking great on the taxes side of the process. Everything else still has me very excited!

Rafa.

If the build does not closely follow bog stock, the collectors value will decrease. At some time your kids will sell it.

I did want to put properly spaced 5-way posts on mine, decided not.

dave
My wife and stepson can sell it for whatever it fetches when I’m dead (hopefully not for many years). I really have no plan on selling this, so I’m not really concerned with collectors value. But yes, I’ll go for the “as is” build unless absolutely necessary!

Rafa.

Joined 2015
Paid Member
Just in!

:cool:

Attachments

• Vfet032.jpg
    Vfet032.jpg
    158.4 KB · Views: 576
While random amongst recipients, it looks like the chassis company is sending out the lower batch numbers first.

So far nothing above 90 that's been reported. So I wonder if the 88 V1 recipients will receive serial numbers of 90 and below.

I don't know if they are going that fine grained, but it would make sense to differentiate the V1 vs V2 amps at a glance.

No. 033 here! .....hoped for 666 but 033 is ok I guess......

Nice feature with M3 thread in the heatsink rails where top and bottom are attached to.
Wonder if this could be an upgrade for the DeLuxe chassis? .....as I have a couple of the self-threading screws that does not "bite" anymore.....It might be a question of just getting a "fresh" screw....or maybe go one size up.....or getting new rails....

Joined 2019
Paid Member
I've seen a few questions re: the hardware for the chassis.

Mine (#66 BTW) did not have hardware. However, I did get a FedEx notification for another (0.5 kg) package from Modushop. My guess is that's my hardware.

Gianluca or someone else will need to confirm 100% if some were left out by accident and are being shipped separately.