DIY Sony VFET lottery discussion

Switches things on and off again
Joined 2000
Paid Member
If anyone has any questions about ordering please email the helpdesk directly at contact@diyaudiostore.com so we can give you the appropriate level of direct, personalized service.

Looks like for Diyers in Europe full kit with the chassis bundle 499$ cost option don't work..

Sorry about that. It's currently a bit of a mess with having to ask EU customers to go to another website to purchase part of the bundle. This is not the purchase experience we would like to offer people, and we are working on a better solution for EU customers in the future that will be just as simple and seamless as for our non-EU customers. Please bear with us.

In the meantime, just order from both sites, contact the helpdesk and we'll refund you the bundle price difference if you order both bits.

I need separate buy the chassis with the special DiyAudio store link but on the Modushop page message is : Product not found

Please carefully and slowly read the instructions on the purchase page. There is a direct link to purchase the chassis. You need to click on that.

Then why for Spain destination shipping cost from US is 22$ and for France 69$ ??

Another member mentioned this and we have now completed our investigation. DHL eCommerce shipments to FR and NZ were stopped during COVID due to those countries blocking shipments. We've confirmed that DHL has resumed services now, and so this shipping option has been restored for FR and NZ customers.

The quality of the service generally matches the price. The cheaper services are generally slower, lose more parcels, and have worse customer service / delivery confirmation. We have always guaranteed however that if you buy something from the diyAudio store, you will either get the goods or get a refund (there are published waiting times for claims to be made).

As you read this message we are actively working on better rates and a wider range of shipping services for international customers.

Part of this reason is that on July 1st 2021 the EU will implement something like the UK has. Potentially that will mean we will no longer be able to ship orders under certain value thresholds to the EU, so we're working as hard and fast as we can to ensure we can continue servicing EU members and find a solution to this problem before July 1st.

I wonder who will get chassis no. 1? Are they engraved with 1-90 for both kits or 1 - 180?

It will be auctioned off with 100% of the proceeds going to charity.

I’m sixth on the list. 001 taken out so 007 would be mine.

Actually I wanted to let people choose what number they got but again the complexities of dealing with the two unconnected stores made it unfeasible given the published timeline. Maybe next time we do something like this. They are being picked at random from the production run of 200 chassis.

I'm sure this has been asked before, but having trouble finding an answer, so I apologize in advance: is there a timeline for the second drawing?

Not yet. Probably 2 months. And around the same for the pre-order starting for "VFET-less non-semi-assembled" kits.

Joined 2018
Paid Member
Number 666 would be a pair of black paint Xs 300 mono blocks?

060 may also be fun to get.....but guess I get one that starts with 0....

Ah, how to get 666? Mine will be playing plenty of music appropriate for that serial number.

I see you’re in CPH. I used to be there about 5 times a year on business when I worked for Novo Nordisk Engineering. And I always tried to go to “The Rock” club. Good times.

Yes, Copenhagen........but I only know "Hard Rock Café" in Copenhagen....not something just called "The Rock" ......I sounds more like "Alcatraz"? :)

"666" is probably only made to order.....and not something "on the shelf"?
I read that each mono block burns 1000W in heat......so 2000W total.....and each mono block has 112 output devices......so a real "devil". A small room will heat up a lot....

I wonder if some still would prefer the VFET amp in a pure blind test......with the right speakers.

Ha, 2000w of power draw will require that you run a new and dedicate leg to your circuit breaker. With my DIY theater system and three big Aleph-X monoblocks (among other audio equipment), I was coming close to that figure. "Standard" 12g solid core wire was getting a bit warm with that much current draw. Wire temp came down to a level that I was more comfortable with after I made a new leg that used 10g wire.

Yes, I read about them here:
Pass Labs Xs Amplifiers and Xs Preamplifier

.....a bit down the page......but it was only for review.....he could not afford them....so we better stay with VFET-kit.....the "666" is not for "normal" people..... :)

But I think the peak current of 48A is wrong....it must be much higher for such an amp but difficult to find the real specs.....not much spec info at pass lab homepage....