DIY Sony VFET lottery discussion

My extra pair of 2SJ28 vFets has been "sold" to an entrepreneurial member of the diyAudio community that did not win an amplifier in the first round lottery in exchange for a nice donation to the charities that Jason identified for the lottery.

Many thanks again to Nelson, Jason, Jim, Mark and others here at diyAudio for their generosity and efforts to make this great project available to the community!

Quote: I just ordered mine today.
$22 shipping for kit from the US and €15 for chassis from The EU, shipped to Spain. Not Bad at all.

You mean excellent! Sure about the shipping costs sides the US / from the store? I took the cheapest and slowest option and had 69$ shipping costs on my side to Paris / France, odd... but well...

Claude

Looks like we had to switch of DHL eCommerce's 3 cheaper services to FR and NZ during COVID. I have asked our shipper if we can re-activate them.

@ Jason & DiyAudio Team @ Diyers

Looks like for Diyers in Europe full kit with the chassis bundle 499$ cost option don't work..
parts kit only cost with shipping to France total price= 327,95$

I need separate buy the chassis with the special DiyAudio store link
but on the Modushop page message is : Product not found

Then why for Spain destination shipping cost from US is 22$ and for France 69$ ??

Please any informations update about cheaper DHL eCommerces shipping to France services possibilitys ?

Hi Soundhappy

Jason was kind enough to come back to me on this, so perhaps I can save him some time (hopefully)...

Yes, due to our Covid lockdown in F the DHL shipping option isn't currently available and that's why I paid 69$ instead of what I am more used to when ordering at the store. In Spain the situation is more comfortable, lucky them then.

It is of course not the store's fault if F is a problem and as of now there is no other option than paying that shippment. On the other hand, Jason and the team are kind enough to work on a solution for the future, bringing back in DHL as I understood, in order to make future orders less painfull. That would bring costs down for F to what we are used to. But my understanding is that it is currently onhold due to the COVID situation and it may take some time until that option is reactivated again.

Bottom line, you can either pay 69$ now or wait for the best, postponing the purchase of yout part kit, but without any garantee to "when" or "how much". As for myself, I didn't want to embarass anyone with more immediate work so I decided to pay now and I am anyway still very gratefull I won at the lottery... but I understand your suprise indeed.

As big consolation or compensation, Modushop worked fine for me with and with only 13E shippment, which is low considering the goods and the fact the part's arrival is scheduled already tomorrow! The link worked for me, if any problem I found Giancarlo here to be very reactive, perhaps he can assist you?

I hope this helps

Claude

EDIT: apologize, Gianluca of course, not Giancarlo, scusi!!!

Last edited:
Oh, and I forgot to say that of course I was based in France, and that purchasing the casing through that Modulo link directly will cost you as expected 19$ more than the anticipated bundle price due to the direct order... and that the DIYaudio store has already refunded me as expected the difference. So very smooth process.

I feel sorry for you my dear fellowcountryman... let's say that our COVID situation down here will bring anyway far more human and financial probs, while at least we shall hopefully find some consolation enjoying a unique amp...

Bonne continuation à toi en espérant une vie plus normale bientôt

Claude

Last edited:
I had different shipping options but selected PostNord which I was surprised that I was able to select from Italy.

2021 VFET Chassis
Item# DIY-VFET-A €210.00 EUR 1 €210.00 EUR
Shipping, Handling, Discounts & Taxes €60.84 EUR 1 €60.84 EUR

So 270 Euros total for chassis in my case.
FedEx is bad for me as they don't have "packet shops" in DK so I have to drive to the airport for pickup......

Hi Soundhappy

Jason was kind enough to come back to me on this, so perhaps I can save him some time (hopefully)...

Yes, due to our Covid lockdown in F the DHL shipping option isn't currently available and that's why I paid 69$ instead of what I am more used to when ordering at the store. In Spain the situation is more comfortable, lucky them then.

It is of course not the store's fault if F is a problem and as of now there is no other option than paying that shippment. On the other hand, Jason and the team are kind enough to work on a solution for the future, bringing back in DHL as I understood, in order to make future orders less painfull. That would bring costs down for F to what we are used to. But my understanding is that it is currently onhold due to the COVID situation and it may take some time until that option is reactivated again.

Bottom line, you can either pay 69$ now or wait for the best, postponing the purchase of yout part kit, but without any garantee to "when" or "how much". As for myself, I didn't want to embarass anyone with more immediate work so I decided to pay now and I am anyway still very gratefull I won at the lottery... but I understand your suprise indeed.

As big consolation or compensation, Modushop worked fine for me with and with only 13E shippment, which is low considering the goods and the fact the part's arrival is scheduled already tomorrow! The link worked for me, if any problem I found Giancarlo here to be very reactive, perhaps he can assist you?

I hope this helps

Claude

EDIT: apologize, Gianluca of course, not Giancarlo, scusi!!!

Oh, and I forgot to say that of course I was based in France, and that purchasing the casing through that Modulo link directly will cost you as expected 19$ more than the anticipated bundle price due to the direct order... and that the DIYaudio store has already refunded me as expected the difference. So very smooth process.

I feel sorry for you my dear fellowcountryman... let's say that our COVID situation down here will bring anyway far more human and financial probs, while at least we shall hopefully find some consolation enjoying a unique amp...

Bonne continuation à toi en espérant une vie plus normale bientôt

Claude

Thanks for explanations
This winner kit is going to DIY friend not for me personally so I want to save him extra cost..
I know is USPS who dictates his shipping prices.
Anyway all be OK Merci bien :happy1:

6L6

Joined 2010
Paid Member
d12350d58ff2c81c2118062f87a81902.gif

Luck of the draw... We'll see how it plays out!