DIY Sony VFET lottery discussion

Ya, I feel like a bonehead for sitting at the gateway, to keep the load down on the server, anyone who did that was out of the running before they started. Anyone that waited as they were told actually get into the first 18 pages? That's the cut-off by the way.

Kudos to Papa and you guys for doing this, but a new thread that couldn't be circumvented would have been the way to go to make it equitable. As it is, it looks like many people just mashed the F5 on the thread and jumped the line.

JT

Last edited:
Ya, I feel like a bonehead for sitting at the gateway, to keep the load down on the server, anyone who did that was out of the running before they started. Anyone that waited as they were told actually get into the first 18 pages? That's the cut-off by the way.
But this is not 'first come first served'... there is going to be a lottery to pick the people that are assigned slots, it's not the first 18 pages!

The server held up! :D

But, now a lot of folks are probably thinking: "nearly 1400 entries... and that's only part 1 of 2... the odds don't seem so great now" lol

@Jason, can you clarify that while those with more history and posts will have more "entries", it's still entirely possible (tho, less likely) for someone with even only 1 "entry" to win?

Every entrant gets one ticket
An additional ticket is given for every thread in the Pass Labs forum you have participated in (one ticket per thread; only participation before April 1st 2021 will be counted)
An additional ticket is given for every year you have been a paid member (before April 1st 2021

Joined 2005
Paid Member

Kudos to Papa and you guys for doing this, but a new thread that couldn't be circumvented would have been the way to go to make it equitable. As it is, it looks like many people just mashed the F5 on the thread and jumped the line.

JT
yes. I waited and was #144