diy show 2008

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Re: Midwest DIY Events...

jholtz said:
Iowa has had a DIY event every year since 2000 that has grown to be one of the largest in the nation. It's held every October. I hosted in the Des Moines area in 2004 and 2006. Doug Petersen has taken the reins and hosted last year at Grinnell. He has 2008 already scheduled for October again.

Here are links to the webpages for 2006 and 2007.

http://home.mchsi.com/~dpeterson/Iowadiy.html

http://home.mchsi.com/~iowadiy2007/index.html

I hope all of you with in driving distance can make it. We have one gentleman that comes from Florida every year to attend so you know it's worth the drive. :)

Best regards,

Jim

What is the average number of attendees at this event? I just may have to take a road trip!

jackinnj said:

the Upper Midwest is only happy when it's nose is dripping, it's feet are cold, there's a fridge full of Red-White-and-Blues and the wife is at Target or Curves.

Ahem, when else are we supposed to be able to get our serious listening done?

nordhaven said:
Is there a date set for Iowa yet? Also what and where is Grinnell? IS there a sign up or reservation for the event?

I believe Doug posted on the PE board that he had the theater reserved for October 25th. I know it'll either be the 18th or 25th. I'd suggest that you send Doug an email (check the links in my previous post to find it) and get on the mailing list. He won't count noses until the event gets much closer.

You might also check the PE forum for info. I'll have a pair of Monitor sized Statements that are currently being developed to enter in the mid range class. I suspect there'll be a lot more. :)

Jim

I missed the Maryland Wine Festival... for ten years now :bawling: BBQ and all that that comes with it.

The only place available for DIY something... close to me is in Spain. But they usually don't speak english, that's why they are not arround in this forums a lot. By the way, my first speaker kits were Philips component sets from Holland and my first pro PA speaker, that I built, had Beyma drivers+xover made and bought in Spain some 25 years ago. They are still working.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.