diy projector from the Philippines

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Took the plunge. Remove my AG layer.

Quite easy after 1.5 hours, ag film was easily peeled off with no trace of glue on the lcd.

Attachments

• dsc04368.jpg
    dsc04368.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 916
Sharpness and brightness is real.

During close-up shots, image looks like its coming out of the screen. I really have to pause my viewing for awhile and appreciate the image and set-up my camera and take pics.

But i have to live with low contrast ratio of my lcd (250 only according to auo site not 350 as stated by oem supplier)
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Hi Hertz,
Nice pics as usual. I see that 3Dlens is now making that 0.2mm pitch fresnel that you were looking for. The focal length is 330mm. Will you be ordering one to replace your 0.5mm pitch field fresnel? I ordered a couple to experiment with. It should be interesting to see what the difference is between 0.5mm and 0.2mm pitch fresnels as far as light output goes. Keep us updated if you do change your field fresnel. The more results posted the better.

Mike

To all Pinoy's

If you really want to source out for cheap parts for your projectors, go to HMR in Mandaluyong. You can get there cheap LCD monitors and OHP, you dont have to buy working OHP, since you want only the fresnel, triplet lens and the front surface mirror, you can get for a few bucks. I've been there when I'm still planning to build my own pj. It's really a big bargain.

Now that I'm in OZ, the spirit is still there... I'm now collecting parts for my project and so far I already got my fresnel lens 220and 330 FL, triplet lens and UV filter from lumenlab, 2 120mm fans, ice cream cup for the reflector, 8" LCD TFT monitor, condenser lens 4" FL and 150w double ended MH lamp with control gear. It's almost complete but I still need some electrical parts, tempered glass and mirror. I'm already done the box design. The project maybe completed for another month.

I'll keep you guys posted for any development of my project.\

Go, Go and visit HMR, non-working OHP is in the last floor.

Best of luck guys.

That would depend on how resourceful you are, some parts are available in HMR, ebay.ph, your local hardware store or at ACE Hardware at SM Megamall.
If you are patient enough, start collecting the parts now one-by-one just like what I did.
If you want more information about diy projector, go to www.lumenlab.com, they also sell parts and you can also find there tips tricks.

Good luck

You can buy fresnels and condenser lens at Realto Avenida near SM. take your chances at HMR for projection lens.

My pj is more than 2 years and 6mos old. Sill no problem with the bulb.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.