DIY Audio Ottawa 21-22 Feb 2015

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I agree that adding the dates to the "topic" line would be great, but I don't know how to do it either.
Alternatively, a new thread could be started with that title, and the 1st post could contain the "essential info" i.e. either cut & paste from my earlier post in this thread, or throw in a link to my post (I should have looked up the post # before I started to write this reply).

2 or 3 things I'd like to mention, since I've typically been an active poster just before our past get-togethers:
- I am still planning to get to our DIY weekend, but it is unlikely that I will be checking posts towards the end of the week due to family-related priorities; that probably is unimportant, but since I seem to be the unofficial treasurer, I thought I should mention. I would appreciate if Pierre could send me a PM with hall rental $ info, if he knows it.

- As discussed above, we want to let people know about the date. Consequently, I would like to mention that Wolfgang does know about it, so in addition to me, there's one of my sons, Wolfgang, and likely my nephew. The posts also indicate that a bunch of the "regulars" know, and plan to attend. However, I haven't seen anything from (former regulars) - Binary 110, Tony D, or opc. Has anyone made contact with them?

- Ron

Zman has provided the two main Canadian options. Solen is in Montreal, CSS in BC. McBride aka Qsound in waterloo has a more limited range.
If you buy from the US there are a few places in Ogdensburg where you can have items shipped. Google parcel pickup for there.
And depending what you want, someone this weekend may have extra components.

Last edited:
The solen stuff looks nice but might be a little more than I want to spend at the moment.

My main issue is I am unable to cut the wood necessary to build a DIY enclosure (live in a 1 bed room apt, with cat so saws and all that jazz is a no go) maybe in the summer if I can track down the right saws and stuff to cut the holes I might give it a go at my brothers place.

I have a pair of 'Tannoy Oxford Gold' which are alright (considering they were $40 free delivery I got no complaints!) but i'm looking for something different. My main amp is a lm3886 which may get upgraded and moved to my bedroom.

I'll be there on one day for sure, looking like Sunday.

The solen stuff looks nice but might be a little more than I want to spend at the moment.

My main issue is I am unable to cut the wood necessary to build a DIY enclosure (live in a 1 bed room apt, with cat so saws and all that jazz is a no go) maybe in the summer if I can track down the right saws and stuff to cut the holes I might give it a go at my brothers place.

I have a pair of 'Tannoy Oxford Gold' which are alright (considering they were $40 free delivery I got no complaints!) but i'm looking for something different. My main amp is a lm3886 which may get upgraded and moved to my bedroom.

I'll be there on one day for sure, looking like Sunday.

I have been known to be willing to cut up parts. I have a very equipped cabinet shop.

Ask John (bearberry)!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.