DIY Audio Analyzer with AK5397/AK5394A and AK4490

Finally, got one RTX :)(thank you Matthias).
Just quick loop test:
THD.png
Simply, more than just have to be happy!
JensH thank you for exceptional achievement!

Attachments

• THD.png
    THD.png
    31.2 KB · Views: 334
Hi Edmond, I'm one of these crazy audiophiles hearing mariginal differences... Having done physics long ago, I do believe that the signal must carry these tiny deltas - hoped to nail some down. RTX6001 gave some more details compared to the formerly used L22. More and more I come to the conclusion that our hearing is far more than Fourier etc. RTX6001 now is on the shelf - not the best place for such a nice gizmo.

Happy Ears, Ulli

"Audio Precision Introduces APx500 Flex Audio Analyzer with Support for Third-Party ASIO Audio Interfaces | audioXpress[/URL] "The APx500 Flex audio analyzer is available now, with the two-channel base configuration retailing for US $3,000."RTX6001 with this would make a pretty competitive priced APx solution. Kinda sad it came out now - perhaps RTX would have reconsidered if it happened few months back."

With other words they sell your own Software for "only" US $3,000 !?! Ridiculous

I believe ASIO is Windows only -- correct? If so, the RTX6001 still has a very important advantage, since it is just another USB audio device that works out of the box with just about any modern operating system.

Oh, and I still have two more RTX6001 in my "stash":D:D:D

Edit: on second glance, it seems the AP thing is just a piece of software with a $3000 price tag. Wow. What does this software do that is not available from existing (and maybe even free) software?

Last edited:
Edit: on second glance, it seems the AP thing is just a piece of software with a $3000 price tag. Wow. What does this software do that is not available from existing (and maybe even free) software?

Functionality wise probably nothing that much to justify the price for individual use, but I can see it making sense for companies with many seats for engineers who need to measure things the same way and be able to share the test scripts internally and later for a production line for QC test etc.

Hi Edmond, I'm one of these crazy audiophiles hearing mariginal differences... Having done physics long ago, I do believe that the signal must carry these tiny deltas - hoped to nail some down. RTX6001 gave some more details compared to the formerly used L22. More and more I come to the conclusion that our hearing is far more than Fourier etc. RTX6001 now is on the shelf - not the best place for such a nice gizmo. Happy Ears, Ulli

I am in the queue as well in case who is first doesn't make the deal

I believe ASIO is Windows only -- correct? If so, the RTX6001 still has a very important advantage, since it is just another USB audio device that works out of the box with just about any modern operating system.

Oh, and I still have two more RTX6001 in my "stash":D:D:D

$3000 is nothing to most businesses. It probably works out of the box without too much tinkering, that alone is worth $$.

Software does have development costs, especially when it's not subsidized to drive the sales of hardware. Electronics are a race to the bottom, software is where the money is made.

AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
With other words they sell your own Software for "only" US $3,000 !?! Ridiculous

It is a hardware interface to a soundcard, allowing all AP software to run the soundcard as if an AP analyzer is present. That is very powerful software and any scripts or procedure developed for the AP analyzer can now also be run. At only 10% of an APx500B ! :cool:

Jan