DIY 2-way with complete spinorama / CTA2034A measurements - Purifi and ScanSpeak

Crossover

• Active + Aluminium cone (PTT6.5X-04-NAA)

• Active + Fibre cone (PTT6.5X-04-NFC)

• Passive + Aluminium cone

• Passive & Fibre cone

Results are only viewable after voting.
The Medium size speaker now comes in both fibre and aluminum cone variants!
You can choose either. Active bi-amped Purifi PTT 6.5X-04 NFA + Scan-Speak D2604/8330 complete!
Crossovers for miniDSP Flex 8 and 2x4HD, as well as older miniDSP products (5 biquad limit)

If you asked me which is the favorite- IT is the fibre cone! :mad:
I was really hoping I'd like the alu cone better. Why @lrisbo
??

This is true long term listening, not any blinded tests. But the alu cone looks much better IMHO. The paper cone variant gives goose-bump quality to the tones, natural all-day-listening ability, yet with all transparency.

If you have 100W (4 ohms) for the woofers and listening distance is 6', and listening room ~14' x 10', this is your speaker.
Will be interesting point, i am preparing a wwmt with the alu cones, ptt8 , ptt4 , and for tweeter i hope the purifi will be here very soon.
Perhaps we should start a discussion as to why the fibre cone is better as perceived by our hearing. Could be some micro resonances or standing waves in the cones, who knows. The accuton midranges i still use today are not free either, but overall the best i could find then.
I am finalising the shape design of baffle(controlling diffraction hump and dip), sims look ok, now the measurements as proof. 3d printer (a fast one) for baffle just arrived.