• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Discrete Low Jitter Clock GB

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Anton, I've build your clock, tested voltage on pin 1 of IC, but still figuring out how to connect the signal to the CD-72. I've tried signal on Xin and ground via R on Xout, or on full ground, but in both cases motor keeps spinning ....... , I guess because signal is not properly received. Any tips how I should connect properly?

Hi Anton, I've build your clock, tested voltage on pin 1 of IC, but still figuring out how to connect the signal to the CD-72. I've tried signal on Xin and ground via R on Xout, or on full ground, but in both cases motor keeps spinning ....... , I guess because signal is not properly received. Any tips how I should connect properly?

Hi:
I have the same problem as you!
The clock does not work in any of my CD players, based on TDA1541A.
I contacted the author of the project and he kindly told me to send them back him, to see if I burned some component in welding work.
Try to contact the author via private message. He is a very gentle person and willing to help.

Hi Guys,

This is quite a robust design, and as long as it's been assembled reasonably well it should work. The first thing you should do when troubleshooting is to check the clock's output with an oscilloscope. Without one you're really flying blind. Without a 'scope, it'll be difficult to tell whether there's a problem with the clock itself, or a problem with the way it is installed.

Some of you don't have a 'scope, and while I think it is something that is a necessity for this type of work, I can help you out. You can send completed clocks back for me to test, and possibly fix. At least this way you'll know wgat the issue is.

Anton

hi, I have a doubt, I played the circuit in simulation, and get this type of signal in scope, with the ad8561> Untitled1.png

I thought it was bug in the model, and tested with lt1016 and the same result.

then the one who works is the AD8564, Untitled2.png

what you think about it.

Hi Guys,

This is quite a robust design, and as long as it's been assembled reasonably well it should work. The first thing you should do when troubleshooting is to check the clock's output with an oscilloscope. Without one you're really flying blind. Without a 'scope, it'll be difficult to tell whether there's a problem with the clock itself, or a problem with the way it is installed.

Some of you don't have a 'scope, and while I think it is something that is a necessity for this type of work, I can help you out. You can send completed clocks back for me to test, and possibly fix. At least this way you'll know wgat the issue is.

Anton

Hi Anton,
I just got a low end USB scope and finished assembling the module, how to test if I am getting the clock runing?

Thanks

Hi.
Nicely done!
On that note: looking at the measurement graphs of the clock output (post #3), I am afraid there is an evil at work here.
Something's not right.... send me an email.

Keep up the good work!
Best regards;
Alexiss

Attachments

• LJC B4 Trace 11.2896MHz.jpeg
    LJC B4 Trace 11.2896MHz.jpeg
    93.1 KB · Views: 352
  • LJC B4 Trace 16.9344MHz.jpeg
    LJC B4 Trace 16.9344MHz.jpeg
    95.6 KB · Views: 349
  • LJC B4 Trace 33.8688MHz.jpeg
    LJC B4 Trace 33.8688MHz.jpeg
    94.5 KB · Views: 350
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.