• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Direct Drive DSD

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have between my DAC and amp relay attenuator + BUF, they do the match of impedance well. So, in case if I use DSD drive it will work in terms of impedance match.

My DAC gives out 3V, but for another source I will have to think about preamp probably.

Anyway - I am waiting for your final result and prices)

Possibly to do a tweak to get 3V output, so preamp not necessary. More details later ...

Ciao Acko,
I am following this thread with great interest also because I know your high level design...
You are planning to propose an already builded and tested board or there is the chance to have the pcb only?

Best Regards,
Enrico

Hi Enrico, this will fully assembled and tested modules. No bare boards as there is a fair amount of complexity. Basically for those who want to setup quickly and listen.

linux BBB integrated + FPGA (pcmtoDSD)+DSD drive instead of amanero also would be interesting.

DAC has 2 I2S ports that can connect/select to any of these:
Actually, not dependent on any particular I2S source.
Digital inputs are compatible with popular sources like:
Amanero, WaveIO, JLSounds(OEM type), BeagleBone and SDTrans384

Hi Acko,

nice project! If I get it right the only DAC part will be the filter. Will it be fixed? Will you make VHDL/Verilog code available? Any guess what the price will be? $100? $500? $1000?

Hi,

The DAC is more than a filter and characteristics are not fixed. User can select some filter options to suit, DAC also autotunes others for best fit.

Made up of modules but I am initially offering a complete system on a board for those who would like to hook up and listen right away - then add other options, tweaks ->box up and deploy. Also easier to verify operation, performance and support of a know good reference. DSP/FPGA codes will not be made available. Individual modules may be later for those who prefer to build up on their own.
Prices not available at this stage. I am in the process of creating the BOM, hopefully won't be too long.

Last edited:
Disabled Account
Joined 2010
Hi,

The DAC is more than a filter and characteristics are not fixed. User can select some filter options to suit, DAC also autotunes others for best fit.

Made up of modules but I am initially offering a complete system on a board for those who would like to hook up and listen right away - then add other options, tweaks ->box up and deploy. Also easier to verify operation, performance and support of a know good reference. DSP/FPGA codes will not be made available. Individual modules may be later for those who prefer to build up on their own.
Prices not available at this stage. I am in the process of creating the BOM, hopefully won't be too long.

Sounds great! Looking forward to first results!

This might be of interest to some;

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/twisted-pear/258254-support-botic-linux-driver-172.html#post4751947

The PCM/DSD outputs from the Beaglebone Black are passed to an Acko SO3 Isolator/Reclocker board, thence to the DAC, in this case a Buffalo IIIse.

The only downside is that DSD256 seems a little marginal with the Linux build I've used but as its a standard 'off the shelf' linux image that might be addressed with some tweaking?

Ray

Thank Ray for your contribution!

What news Acko?

Any sort of product description available yet?

Cheers

Ray

Hi Ray,

As explained before, I am aiming for a "finished" product of a complete DAC system on a board this time round so that performance can be fully evaluated. There are quite a lot of interactions. I am also catering for those who want to hook up and listen right away.
All being well, more information on the individual modules (OEM/DIY) will be released.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Ray,

I have seen some of your posts from the other side- very interesting efforts!

FYI, your present S03 unit can reclock up to DSD1024. I don't think there is any chip based DAC that can handle this as yet? But your NoDAC with simple filter has no upper limit, theorectically. So I would suggest you disengage your S03 from your DAC and feed it to your NoDAC and see. Obviously you would want to spin the Fs higher to make it easy for your LPF.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.