Dirac Live 2.0 on a miniDSP. First thoughts.

This talk of room correction is very interesting. I’m not familiar with dirac and their mini dsp at all, but am intrigued. I’ve looked at their website and am curious what of their products would best suit my humble system? I’m currently using a diy Pass F6 amplifier. My source is either an Onkyo cdp or a late 2012 Mac mini (8gb ram and 512 gb SSD). I’m currently using my 6sn7 based preamp as a volume control. I do have a LighterNote LDR preamp I was using but like the tube preamp better. I also have a diy AD 1862 r2r dac I’ve recently completed I’ve yet to incorporate. My speakers are diy transmission lines with MarkAudio 10p drivers. Everything is connected unbalanced (RCA). I live in a mobile home and the room doesn’t sound bad to these old ears but I’m sure some correction would be beneficial. I’m rambling here, not appropriate for this conversation? Just hoping for insight.
regards

celef

2012-11-26 7:40 pm
I live in a mobile home and the room doesn’t sound bad to these old ears
wow that sounds good if it is self-selected, but mobile homes are usually small in size and small size can be a problem, but I would guess that there are huge losses in thin walls in a mobile home, and that can be a good thing... damn it, now I burned my popcorn in the microwave, burnt popcorn does not taste so sweet

This talk of room correction is very interesting. I’m not familiar with dirac and their mini dsp at all, but am intrigued. I’ve looked at their website and am curious what of their products would best suit my humble system? I’m currently using a diy Pass F6 amplifier. My source is either an Onkyo cdp or a late 2012 Mac mini (8gb ram and 512 gb SSD). I’m currently using my 6sn7 based preamp as a volume control. I do have a LighterNote LDR preamp I was using but like the tube preamp better. I also have a diy AD 1862 r2r dac I’ve recently completed I’ve yet to incorporate. My speakers are diy transmission lines with MarkAudio 10p drivers. Everything is connected unbalanced (RCA). I live in a mobile home and the room doesn’t sound bad to these old ears but I’m sure some correction would be beneficial. I’m rambling here, not appropriate for this conversation? Just hoping for insight.
regards
Since my sources are all digital, I decided to stay in the digital domain as long as possible and opted for the miniDSP Flex/Digital with Dirac. It sits between the output of my streamer and the input of the ADI2 Pro Fs R DAC. I try to avoid going through DA/AD/DA etc conversions as much as possible.

Jan