Dir1703-pcm1710u-??

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
DIR1703 Circuit not Working

Hi makisb,
I believe the major problem with the schematic is that you are using a direct digital input (0.5V p-p)
The DIR1703 expects however CMOS level input on DIN (pin 20)
You can use the circuit as in the DEM-DIR1701 Instruction Manual (#SLAU070) downloadable from www.ti.com or you can crank it up with my circuit with the AD8561 comparator over here:
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/show...ighlight=digital AND transformer&pagenumber=7
My circuit will also work on a single +5V supply.
Please note that the 74HC04 in the DEM-DIR1701 paper needs +5V supply. This is also very unclear in the schematic given.

Also the DIR1703 needs a low going <B><I>resetpulse</B></I> <B>AFTER</B> power on. This can be accomplished with the ADM709T or S or MAX709.
Very confusing the datasheet for the DIR1703 isn't it?;)
Hope this helps. Good luck;)

DIR1703 not Working

Hi makisb,
Too bad.
Try a manual reset after power up by shorting the reset pin to ground during one second.
Did you check your your soldering work with a magnifier?; the pins of the DIR1703 are VERY close.

Too bad I should be in Greece now (Cephalonia) but ill :boggled:. Holiday cancelled. Are you located in Athens?

If nothing works start checking powersupply voltages on the DIR and digital filter etc.
Second check with a scope if you have LATCH, Bitclock, DATA out off the DIR. Then proceed to the digital filter/DAC.
Did you not forget to connect ground?; I always do.... ;)

Hi again,
i live in Thessaloniki (500Km northern from Athens).
Cephalonia is really nice (been there) but the weather is not good

I have checked the connections (and ground ) 100 times and used SSOP28 to DIP socket for the DR1703 (it was the last sample i had). The other 2 :smash:
I think DIR1703 has been set to mute mode (don't know why).
SpAct can't lock?? :headbash:
I've send the schematic to Texas support :wiz:
Waiting...

Thanks for the tips (again).

Dear Sir,

One question about this:
I see the 11.2896 MHz, I believe is use as only 44.1KHz. 256 fs
What can I modify to suit all frequency 32,44,48,96,192? at 256 fs.

Is it need to add more oscillator + some enable circuit?

And I have Elso kwak clock circuit, some post said that it cannot use over 45MHz, is it true? and how to solve it.

Thanks alot
nFORCE

DIR1703

Hi NForce,
Please download and read the dataheet for the DIR1703.
11.2896MHz is one of the crystalfrequencies that can be used with the CDP as signal source. The DIR 1703 is not very flexible to adapt all the source frequencies you mention. CS8414 is more suitable for that as it does not need a fixed crystal.

Yes my clock only works with fundamental mode crystals and will not oscillate at the right frequency with a 45MHz crystal taken from the CDP (mostly Sony)
Hope this helps.
:xeye:

Re: DIR1703

Hi Elso,

So, what kind of topology that other company clock can oscillate at 45MHz?

Do you have any idea or hints?

Thanks alot
nFORCE

Elso Kwak said:
Hi NForce,
Please download and read the dataheet for the DIR1703.
11.2896MHz is one of the crystalfrequencies that can be used with the CDP as signal source. The DIR 1703 is not very flexible to adapt all the source frequencies you mention. CS8414 is more suitable for that as it does not need a fixed crystal.

Yes my clock only works with fundamental mode crystals and will not oscillate at the right frequency with a 45MHz crystal taken from the CDP (mostly Sony)
Hope this helps.
:xeye:

45 Mhz Clock

Hi Nforce,
Most simple solution would be to use a <B>inverted mesa</B> technology fundamental mode 45 MHz crystal in my clock.
I e-mailed a few firms that make such a beast but they chose not to reply f.a.:
http://www.hy-q.co.uk/
Also you could try the way I have chosen in my 100MHz clock (fifth or third overtone crystal; tuned circuit).With some modification that should work for 45 MHz third overtone crystal.
I did spend a lot and too much time on the 45 MHz clock and gave up.:xeye:

Hi Gustne,

Vcc and GND are the same for AC. They both look like grounds to the signal.

I managed to get decent sound from DIR1701 - PCM1725 :D (easy circuit).
Schematic will be posted later on.
Now I am working with DIR1703 - PCM1710U again :xfingers: (mistakes found thanks Elso...) and waiting for AD1865.

Regards
Makisb

Disabled Account
Joined 2002
45 MHZ

Hello Nforce,

You could also use a 45 MHz XO from Guido Tent. It's a low jitter ( 2 ps ) canned oscillator with high stability. Output is TTL compatible. Drawback could be the fact that you have to design a neat power supply ( 5 V ) around this XO. No low component count here...

Jean-Paul

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.