Did someone else than me noticed the sudden jump into high-end made by Adire Audio?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
15s are a much better value if you can possibly make the room. Ascendant Audio Atlas series are very good value XBL2 subs. 12" is $145 for 1.73L displacement, 15" is $160 for 2.91L. The 15 doesnt take any more power to drive. The Atlas drivers have fairly high efficiency and dont need much juice.

Say, what do you think of the 15" Stryke - looks like good value for the money and intermediate Xmax betwen Atlas and Avalanche.

The AV-15 and Atlas 15 have close displacement/dollar. I expect the Atlas sounds better at higher frequencies as it has lighter cone and lower inductance. Im not sure how theyd compare down low, AV15 has an aluminum cone and different motor. The AV-15 wins hands down in the bling department. I have an Avalanche 18 and it is a beast, the Avalanche 15 is very similar but it is also more spendy.

In infinite baffles the AE IB15 cant be beat dollar for dollar.

For a high sq 12 AE might still have some Lambda 12s with Faraday motors on clearance, $150 each.

For 12" drivers I wouldn't count out the TCSounds motors... the TC2+ is an exceptional driver for the money, great sound quality and plenty of excursion. Can be found at SoundSplinters or O-Audio. The TC9 motor is more specific in application, but man does it excel in those applications. SoundSplinter carries their version of the TC9, and the Stryke/AE AV-12 is based on the TC9 motor as well.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.