Destroyer x Amplifier...Dx amp...my amplifier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Inex.. with a short like that the amplifier will distort in an awfull way

Sound will be terrible!

Positive half cicle will clip very soon.... the sonics will be bad even when you have small power...you will send the voltage variations from the bootstrapp back to the zener...the zener current will be bigger and it may burn if a 200 miliwatts or 300 miliwatts unit was beeing used.

Current will be hardly unballanced...to finish with the off set you will need more than 20K to replace the off set trimpot...or will need 10K in series with it....the current will be unballanced even correcting (forcing) off set to be low.

Well...please, do not make this short!

regards,

Carlos

Dear Nordic..... i will be very happy if you let me know what mods you are doing

But go directly to my mail for that...not to offer another option that may confuse folks.

Remember that even you, proved as clever, was confused by a lot of things.

I want to protect readers, forum folks and candidates to construct against be confused.

We are changing rules...now more rigid.

Please, give me the pleasure to read the forum last posts and the forum direct mail sent to you.

Beeing the second to construct...and succeed...you have now some responsability related the Amplifier image, also the thread image to the forum folks.

Now you are "one from the staff"...in the reality the number two in importance, as constructors are the most important guys here...and if satisfied with the product, i hope you make a good propaganda about it and be helpfull, as usually you are, to inform folks about things.

You confidential experiences are great for your own development and scientific learning...will turn you much better constructor and a future designer too....i feel good with that, as i use to ask people, please, not to believe in me, in Doctor Self or anyone...just to respect them...but to discover by yourselves the real true or your own subjective true about those things.

Do not leak your findings into the thread for a while, please.

With your progress going (mine spent almost 46 years!)...you should open your thread and post.. Nordic Dx version..updated and upgraded or something alike...another thread please...not to confuse this simple, cheap, easy to build, good sonics one.

regards,

Carlos

Just managed to attach one channel to its definite heatsink,
so i guess it's time for a picture.

Powersupply-wiring is still a bit messy.
The amount of heat these heatsinks can dissipate is ridiculous,
after biasing it for over an hour at 300 mA (six times the nominal value) heatsink-temperature is 8 degrees above ambient.

P1050039.jpg

Best regards,

Klaas

VBE multiplier is now a STANDARD feature of the Dx amplifier.

Resistances, as included in the schematic are less safe.

Diodes are good too..but need some experience to use them.

As VBE MULTIPLIER is safer...and suggested to Nordic and Klaas, the ones that constructed..this will turn STANDARD and OFFICIAL into the amplifier.

I have asked Greg to start modifications.

He will need time..also we gonna have meetings to decide details about.

"Dx amplifier is constantly tracked, analised, evaluated by constructors and only safe features will be keep there..we reserve for ouselves, the Dx Corporation, to install needed developments or needed corrections"

Greg Erskine has scope folks..and he is testing all options..he perceived resistances beeing dangerous...so....BANISHED!

regards folks.

Carlos

Attachments

• bench.jpg
    bench.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 404
As you can see..i am not the "king of frite potatoes!"

I am open to perceive some weak things and to change them if needed.

Also opened to listen my cooperators...even others, external to the thread folks.... those ones out from the "corporation"...folks.

Even if i do not apreciate their characters or behavior i will listen words that make sense and advises that means danger to the Dx amplifiers constructors.

VBE multiplier was option...now standard.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• greg dx amplifier.jpg
    greg dx amplifier.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 424
Nice going, Klaas... I just finished exposeing my preamp boards the wrong way around... :bawling: guess I will have to try again tommorrow... :bigeyes: I'm just happy I can walk on my own again today... first day this week without injections..

Oh, Greg, your relay board was also in the upside down exposure... so you'll have to wait even longer...lol, think I have about a 3rd of the program written, and the rest is pretty well resolved in my head...think it will just go faster haveing a board to test on... especialy timeing issues..

Carlos, what are you useing as a preamp/volume control?

I'm going for a mosfet Pre again... mostly just a new layout for my Pedja Rogic buffer, and a few component upgrades...have real nice 1uf ampohm caps in the My_ref that will now be retired. So far I have not been able to build a better pre... Listened to a very good aikido but I for some reason preffer the SS one... call it builders' bias.

I told something about..was for Gaetan, but opened in our forum to everybody Nordic

Was the post:

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=1208199#post1208199

Also i have send you message by forum Mail services.

I do not use pré amplifier Nordic.... always i have used sound sources alike FM tuners, Open Reel Tape Recorders, CD line out...and those, already pré amplified, sets have audio enougth to excite the amplifier.....if not...tweak R10.

Every stage, circuit, component removed from the audio signal patch will be better.

Greg is sleeping...he is the other side of the world...morning here is nigth there....mid day here is mid nigth there.... you are also very advanced..but Greg is much more advance in time than you....when you go to sleep, Greg is already in his fourth hour of dreams.

As you use to invert board side...why don't you decide by the inverted side (your judgement) in advance..you will make the rigth decision...ahahahahha...LOL

regards,

Carlos:)

Attachments

• volume trimpot.gif
    volume trimpot.gif
    6.8 KB · Views: 296
Naah, it looks too ugly if one does not do things right...
I will just do it again until it is right.

I unfortunately I share the amp with my wife... and it has many sources,... VHS, DVD, PSONE, Dish, Phono and radio, so I need a little switchboxy, of course I will compare with and without pre...

Also want to test lightspeed attenuator, but I need some gain for the dish and ipod shuffle.

An inverted board :bigeyes:
Once i managed to design a regulator-board, messing up the pinout of the regulators :xeye:
I guess we all make such mestakes from time to time.
The trick is to get over it and move on.

Some pics of the amplifier, managed to attach the second channel,
i didn't wire it completely.
First i wanted to check if the close proximity of the toroid was causing hum.
It's dead-silent :D

P1050041.jpg

P1050043.jpg

P1050044.jpg

Best regards,

Klaas

This may work... i am not sure.

But can be made better using switcher with two independent sections, a mechanical rotating switch.

Nah...i have not tested this thing.... i am just cooperating with ideas... i do not think it is the best one...digital selection may be better and more fashion too...can have leds showing what was switched....hummm, may be better.

Each input level is adjusted individually...of course you can install some output master control...or some amplifier input control.

If all potentiometers finish beeing adjusted into minimum you may face some small problems that can be fixed with some resistances beeing inserted in series.

I prefer an digital control, but i have not something better to offer you, at least, for a while.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• may work fine.gif
    may work fine.gif
    8.6 KB · Views: 388
The last one ... for a while.

One of those 4 ones posted was smaller...this was made this way to reduce bandwidth to the forum.

A small economy i know..but it is something made with the spirit of cooperation.

One day, i hope i will be in conditions to cooperate to the forum with money.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• quadrish.jpg
    quadrish.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 303
Status
Not open for further replies.