Destroyer x Amplifier...Dx amp...my amplifier

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am very happy that you returned dear Microp

I am also glad to know you still enjoy your Dx turbo.

Friends.... Arnis Brolishs, from Látvia, our friend Microp is back once again.

welcome once again Arnis

Carlos

Attachments

• microp, látvia, arnis brolishs.jpg
    microp, látvia, arnis brolishs.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 402
Duda is Eduardo, or Edward in English...you seem that have some connection

with Brazucas..... you seem a National product.

Thank you very much Duda.

I will visit our forum.

I feel extremelly honored, in special, when my own people decide to construct..... also Aussies made me special happy because they are not too much different.... they have a big heart too.

I have started to work into the Dx Precision.... my final project using BGTs without auxiliary Chips...i will be released to forum friends production in December 23, when i will publish or will apologize if i fail to make something better than HRII.

Now i am simulating...but i have to tell you that now a days i am not happy with the simulation results i am watching.

Giaime....your input arrangement is beeing stollen in a very friendly and kind way... it remembers me Cyrus and other nice sound equipment i have constructed too... will be used Giaime, having your permission, of course, and if sound good.... I remember you told that i can use telling folks the source of the idea...was you Giaime.

Confirm this finger up dear Giaime...vá molto benne fratello, me piace molto Italia.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• giaime on diyaudio2.jpg
    giaime on diyaudio2.jpg
    6 KB · Views: 350
The intention, the target, the main objective is to produce dinamics

A fake dinamics... forced dinamics...that can be reduced to "normal" with a flip of a switch into the electronic voltage regulator.

Giaime circuit will be used if help me with that...seems that will do the opposite....i will see.... will produce the Precision i want into the sonics but will counter act related the fake dinamics (optional) Xplod Dynamic i want to use.

I am very confused, failing with the positive regulation...but will not give up..will try till i found a good result.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• dinamics.jpg
    dinamics.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 340
The idea is to make you feel scared when listening to dinamics pulses

Not only to fell down from your chair...but to Xplod your mind.

I will try....yes i will....for sure i will try.... will blow my mind first...and them...prepare yourself to very strong emotions.... to crack crystals.. to force your neighboor to ring your bell and ask you please, in the name of God, to reduce the sound effects you will be playing..ahahahahahah.

Not high fidelity!...... the low pleasant dinamics will be optional, with a flip of a swith 110 decibels of crazy increasings....not using you will have the standard boring sonics we use to sleep listening too.

The future Dx Precision, with the new "Xplod function" will not be good to people that have heart diseases.... strong emotions will be guaranteed if released.

* Xplod is patent pending feature resulted of forced dinamic range expansion.... Dx Corporation Laboratories under research.

No!.. Nein!...Niet.... Nichst...Non...Nâo.... no current limiters...no limiters..full dinamics...full distortions into hard peaks..full emotions.

The switch will be there...when you get old you can return to the same boring life..with compressed awfull sonics we listen into CDs...damn stupid marketing this one....the louder is better...compressed isconsidered, evaluated, perceived...as better...aaaagh!

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• blow your mind.jpg
    blow your mind.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 334
Dx Precision, to be released December, 23

Already exist into the virtual world.... seems will work fine.

Of course, sonics will be listened into the future...we never know..have to listen.

It will be able to produce 530 real watts over 2 ohms complex loads.

Something near 170 over 8 ohms.

Power we already have...now will start the improvements.

An interesting starting point.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• power over 2 ohms  (170 over 8).gif
    power over 2 ohms (170 over 8).gif
    13.6 KB · Views: 325
destroyer X said:
Giaime....your input arrangement is beeing stollen in a very friendly and kind way... it remembers me Cyrus and other nice sound equipment i have constructed too... will be used Giaime, having your permission, of course, and if sound good.... I remember you told that i can use telling folks the source of the idea...was you Giaime.

Confirm this finger up dear Giaime...vá molto benne fratello, me piace molto Italia.

regards,

Carlos

Of course, use it if you wish. It's just an input circuit, I will be happy if you mention me and a way to contact me ;)

I like Brazil but I love Cuba :D

All rigth Giaime...fine your Cuba..enjoy!

Pery...the reason why is that we can produce a 70 plus 70 volts supply if we have two 35 plus 35 volts supply.

To make it powerfull.... and to make simple to the ones already have two transformer, to try something.

Of course, the increase dinamics feature that i want to develop will be out of the unit using those supplies.

Well...we will see...now a days Perí...it is only a simulator thing...this is nothing..because can sound very bad into the real world..i have to go ahead and construct.

To see if will sound fine or only will scream loud!

regards,

Carlos

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Dx HR II questions

This forum has provided me with much education and enjoyment. I have my HR II PC set on order from Nordic and can't weight to build.

In looking at the schematic (on www.DXAMP.com) I had a question that I was unable to extract from the preceding posts. (I hope this is the right place to ask the question).

1. What dictates the value of C6, now specified as 47 uF? It seems to me that a higher value would be better since it decouples the front end 12V supply from the higher voltage supply. Would it harm the sound if one uses a higher value, say 470 uF?

2. Greg Erskine specifies a NPO ceramic for the 220 pF cap at the input (C16 on DxAMP.com schematic). Why? Would silver/mica not be preferred, or good poly cap.

3. How much open loop gain does the circuit deliver and how much feedback is applied.

4. Newbie question. Could someone point me to an explanation of the circuit (I could not find) with regard to driving the drivers, i.e. how does Q8 drive both Q9 and Q10?

5. Did anyone publish performance results? I understand Carlos designed and tweaked the topology of the DX for how it sounds and NOT how it measures.

6. If one is willing to spend a bit extra on high quality parts, where would it produce the best results?

Thank you Carlos, Nordic, Greg and many others for making this so much fun and sharing it with the rest of us.

Francois

All rigth Françoís, welcome.

1)The use of 47uf was to make it small..current there
is small...also voltage variation are almost nothing...
the condenser is there not to stabilize, not needing to
be big, it is there to drain noises you can have into
your rail...you can increase..but not too much, not to
delay the charge time...the fast charging there..fast
action of the zener will avoid loading time cicle that
usually produce power on “thump” sound.

2) Ceramic works fine when you have not too much variations
of amplitude, as people said those variations of voltage
into the internal plates would modify the parameters...
can change the capacitance, and this is something we do
not like...the first condenser is there as a big “troat”
to “eat” Radio Frequencies that can be captured by the
input wiring, connectors or component leads..not critical
and because of that, small variations of the ceramic will
not bother.... the use of Silver Mica, much better and more
stable, in that position, is an overkill, because Silver
Mica is very expensive....but not problems if you wanna use
Silver Mica.

3) Sorry...i am not addicted to numbers...the amplifier was
adjusted listening and tweaking...was that the decision made
in advance related the design start... not only was made this
way because was understood as a good idea, but also i cannot
construct amplifier in another way....but for sure, sensitivity is
enougth.... 750 milivolts drive the amplifier to full power, but
this is adjustable..read this thread about those adjustments.

4) Your transistor numbers are strange...but the voltage
amplifier is down the schematic, and the output one is
producing all the voltage the amplifier will send to the
output...enormous swing of voltage will be found there...
something alike 50 volts peak to peak... this signal will
go to lower driver and upper driver crossing the VBE
multiplier colector to emitter junction, and the transistor
is bidirectional, so, you will have the same signal (almost)
into the lower driver and into the upper driver..also a
condenser can be used from colector to emitter...and 22uf is
already an overkill there. The output is gain one...seems
that voltage will not be amplified... the voltage from the
the voltage amplifier will enter driver base that will produce
current gain into the colector to emitter circuit... this
current will enter output base to emitter input circuit, and
will appear multiplied related the current... VAS give you
voltage...the output will give you current... both together
means power.

5) People have not made those deep testings, because some of them constructed and perceived sound as good.... so...they lost the interest, i think, in parameter data....but can be good, even not beeing a guarantee of quality...good measurements can sound bad sometimes...and the opposite happens....of course, bigger chance to good measurements to sound fine...the amplifier was tuned by ears...maybe do not measure very well.. into the
Simulator it is almost perfect...but i do not trust in those things.... real sound... facing a crazy speaker is a need.

6) If you want to spend some money, increase your supply condensers, buy a huge transformer...or better, buy two transformers and produce a separated supply, one supply to each channel...buy good and famous condensers, use Silver Mica in the places you can, buy a huge heatsink and install output transistor in parallel.

Try to control your "cannot wait"... after construction, check many times your transistor positions, also if PNP and NPN...check condensers against polarity invertions, measure resistances from plus to minus, from plus to ground and from minus to ground... use protective resistances when adjusting, install fuses into rails and in series with your speakers... check your supply polarity...and be happy.

How the circuit works is in this thread... called..."force the amplifier to work"...there you will have description of each stage.

Almost all your questions, the exception beeing the complete specifications and laboratory measurements, can be found in this same thread.... try to read... and carefull selecting, because in the middle of social conversations you will have electronics informations too.... do not jump posts.

Sorry by my English.... eu falo Português... my language is portuguese.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• schème.jpg
    schème.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 589
Nordic group buy is running full throttle

Visit Nordic group buy and www.dxamp.com.

Also visit Greg's web site:

http://users.tpg.com.au/users/gerskine/dxamp/

Excelent group buy is running by Nordic.

My special thanks to the ones have ordered sets.

Dw1narso
Ed La Fontaine
Jack C
Atiq19
Nogoodboyo
Konfret
Westley
RKH
Meanman1964
Igreen
Cwujek
Claiborne
Touchdown
Pistol Joe
Stevox
Emmasdad
Harry3
Mikewong
Es44
Maxlorenz
Pistol Joe
Dudaindc
SteveA
Rellum
SamL
Beaman
Rabbitz
Jozua
FrancoisG
Rellum
Greg Erskine
Dw1narso

Some of you ordered to Nordic more than one set,
this means that almost 50 stereo will be distributed.

I want to thank Nordic, by this excelent work he is
doing for all of us...observe folks, this is friendly
effort, price is the cost, more shipment... was the
arrangement we made.

Of course, Nordic is authorized by Dx Corporation, to
obtain future profit related DX High Resolution Amplifier.

Once again, thank you very much, i have read all thread,
and i know each one of you as forum members and good crew
members.

Some very close friends are in this group buy, of course,
this gives me more and more pleasure..thank you guys.

regards,

Carlos

Dx Precision already exists into simulator and i am turning very excited with it.

It is "measuring" good.

See the image, simulator image, this is full power, 200 watts RMS over 8 ohms, frequency is 20 Kilohertz.

Observe the waveshape is not so bad.... not perfect related slew rate...but also "interesting" as i am informing this was made near the clipping.

Input signal was square wave...this is not the result of clipping...this is square wave amplification.

Dx Precision, if succeed to sound better than HRII, will be released for Christmas.... December, 24, 2007.

I will wait Nordic release boards, from the group buy, in advance to publish.

At least those 40 folks listed, having their boards shipped, will be the sign OK! to me to release.

I do not want to confuse, or to divide attentions.

I talk portuguese...divide means when we have many options and people turn lost having problems to decide...deviation of attention...sorry.... divide make sense in portuguese...maybe in English i may sound selfish.... not to much..just a little..i am human.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• 20 kilohertz, square, 200 watts.jpg
    20 kilohertz, square, 200 watts.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 456
Into the simulator it seems good.

It can deliver full power into 1 cicle per second...so.... having good supply...you will see the speaker travelling forward and backward slowly....hummmm...nice that.

Can be good during summer.... some air pump!

Also we can glue a piece of wood and produce some machine to scratch our back..... of course..while not listening music.

Ahahahhahah!

regards,

Carlos
.....................................................................................................

Graham is rigth!

We need big condensers into the input to reproduce very low frequencies without losses in power.

The problem, that made me avoid that, is because the condenser together the input resistance (ground to first transistor base) form a filter to high frequencies...the bigger the condenser, the worst the sittuation.

Well.... we can increase this resistance..called R1 normally... and them...increase the condenser too.

Thank you Graham Maynard.

I am thinking on you...with an enormous smile in my face....good teacher.

The graphic is 20 volts per division..something around 115 volts peak to peak, over 8 ohms.

It is starting to distort into the graphic...i could see.... and i will listen the real amplifier next month i think.

Interesting...nobody asked nothing about the amplifier.... i am so curious that i feel curious to see the amplifier i have not made yet.

Also a little angry because this damn fat Carlos may keep that thing hidden...grumpf!

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• 200 watts, 1 cicle per second.jpg
    200 watts, 1 cicle per second.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 450
Hi Carlos, thank you for dealing with the technical questions...

I have been so busy working at getting the dxamp servers set up correctly to get the transactions done, I just didn't have energy left... been running on 4 to 5 hours sleep a night, during which my wife says I keep on fighting with the server...

I just didn't have energy to post.

It is always nice to see what the naked Carlos added on any day.

(Do you have any clothes?)

The weather here is hot dear nephew Nordic

Humidity is very high, i am near the beach and enormous quantity of water goes evaporating.

Not only me, this is a local use, not to use shirt at home, only shorts, or Bermuda shorts.... 90 percent of population do this way..other 10 percent behave different to keep the big belly hidden....others because shy or thin.

We use shirts when we go work, or shopping, or driving cars...well..outside home, and those places normally have air conditioned.

It is not more considered bad behavior to show a naked man breast...this was scandallous, but down the sixties.

29, sometimes 30 or 31 degrees centigrades is not confortable using Shirt.... i imagine you have the same problem.

Unfortunattely women do not follow men example.... they use shirt.

Sorry because you are disturbed because the hard work you are facing, but i am sure will be a happy thing, because of you, more than 40 folks will dance listening good sound equipment...because of you..in special because of you.... you are making this easier to them.... to produce boards in their own homes is a pain in the.... in the..... neck!!!!

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• early morning.jpg
    early morning.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 403
DX Precision ("burned" fingers crossed)

destroyer X said:

... I have started to work into the Dx Precision.... my final project using BGTs without auxiliary Chips...i will be released to forum friends production in December 23, when i will publish or will apologize if i fail to make something better than HRII.

Hello Tio Carlos

The proposed version of the DX amp is very interesting... you got my attention. :radar:

Giving the proposed timeframe, I am considering having it included to my list to "Papai Noel" (Santa Claus).
I hope that by the end of the year my DX HRII is completed (and all soldering iron burns have healed).

As you know, Nordic is doing a great job with the DX HRII site. His effort to help people (at least 50 to begin with in the group buy) to experience/enjoy your design have not gone unnoticed.

My intention in posting information on the HT forum was to promote this opportunity among our fellow countrymen since I am not aware of any good amps being offered to the large audio DIY (FVM - faça voce mesmo) community in Brazil. The information on both DX sites (and also herein) is plenty to give everyone a good start.

Time to go since have a sub amp "waiting" for me... :cubist:

"Bom fim de semana para todos" (Have a great weekend everybody!)

Status
Not open for further replies.