Destroyer x Amplifier...Dx amp...my amplifier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh I'm such a dumbass.... wired the bias servo the wrong way around...

Took it out... swaped the wires.... and now it works (bc639 and all) !!!!!!! nothing blew, nothing died... what a change from my normal luck!

I have to say the bias setting on the new amp is also much more stable by the looks of things...

Offset 0.4mV

Have to wait for F1 qualifying before I can hook up some music...

Mmmmkay!!!! It is playing... !!!!!!!! all assembled in case again... and ready to please.

Strangely enough the offset control still has a little influence... enough to dial in 0mv...

It is even better in stereo...... absolutely incredible... if you are into accoustic music, this is the amp for you... just slipped in Norah Jones...I love the CD for the contrabass and many accoustic instruments...

But this amp is begging for some Dire Straits now.... I think I know where I put Communique CD

Hi Nordic,
we had a discussion on servo and offset and setting up.
We did agree that the offset should be zeroed before activating the servo.
Some of us (most did not bother to think about set up procedure) agreed that the zero offset should be set when the amp is cold. This allows the servo to monitor and minimise the drift in offset as the amp warms up.

But, DO NOT ask the servo to correct for excessive input offset from the source. It should be blocked with an input cap or the source should have it's own servo to minimise the offset at the source's output.

It would be useful to measure the output of the servo during amplifier operation taking particular note of how far/close the opamp output voltage approaches the supply rails over a range of temperatures and operating conditions.

Have you read Tom Gootee's thread on DC servo?

I wish could be with you Nordic, to enjoy the sonics together

Hummmm..

A barbecue toasting near us.... some beer...yeah!....yesss!

I am watching east.... only the ocean to cross.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• looking east.jpg
    looking east.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 438
Hello, and...the finish PCB

Hello, here I am again. I have the ci uPC1237 and have desire of realizing a protection circuit for speakers and adapt it to this amplifier (DX ST). Servira? Has someone algun circuit that facilitates me? Thank you very much

hola, aqui estoy nuevamente. Tengo el ci uPC1237 y tengo ganas de realizar un circuito de protección para parlantes y adaptarlo a este amplificador (DX ST). Servira? Alguien tiene algun circuito que me facilite? Muchas Gracias:confused:

Thank you by the link to the tutorial

Nice work, all your work is pretty.... those cases are very interesting.

Those holes?... were they made to give room to rounded transformers, or to fan blowers?

In the case of fan blowers, will you use black or those plastic ones that have blue ligth inside?

Hehe...nice work you make...you are a naturall artist.

The case made me think into HII

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• this one seems hii.jpg
    this one seems hii.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 331
WinPICProg is a very good introduction to PIC's. And good news on the infrared, the module I salvaged from a Toshiba TV works beautifully...

http://www.datasheet4u.com/share_search.php?sWord=LTM-8848A

... now I just need to write some software :rolleyes:

The big holes in the top ? No. No fans, it's just easier for me to cut circles than it is to cut many slots or squares. These holes just let the warm air out. Because I had to heighten the case I have gaps around the sides to let the cool air in. Lucky for me that hot air rises ;)

The little boxes on the back make room for phono and speaker connections. Each box held in place by M3 screws. The gromets are cut in half, one half for the little box, one for the inside of the case, super glue fixes them quite nicely.

Fans, blowers, flashing lights. I've tried them. I'm much happier with two big, 120mm, slow fans on a single radiator. Looks like they need dusting :eek:

<chuckle> See the bending on the graphics card caused by the weight of the water block ! Doesn't seem to hurt, but I'd not recommend moving the pc any distance without fixing some kind of support.

Attachments

• ofpcandfans.jpg
    ofpcandfans.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 315
Interesting...water cooling.

My microprocessor do not overheat.... Semprom 3 Megahertz.

I am using one extra fan directly over the microprocessor's fan, sucking air out from the cabinet.... creating low pressure.

To stablish the air circuit, 2 smaller fans are pumping air inside the cabinet to create high pressure.

Microprocessor is keept under 45 degrees celsius.....maybe too much cool.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• cooling.gif
    cooling.gif
    7.3 KB · Views: 268
Status
Not open for further replies.