Destroyer x Amplifier...Dx amp...my amplifier

Status
Not open for further replies.
I already have a friend using DX into his automobile

And it is kicking fine.... seems a thunderstorm when he passes in my street.

You are already using output coils.... good...this will be needed when cables are long, reactive difficult speakers and when using special speakers alike those ones people install in automobiles.

Enjoy Microp.... will be funny the unit pumping enoumous bass into this car.... may broke glasses if you make it to 400 watts....will need more voltage into the supply and 5 pairs of output transistors

Those speakers will not hold real 400 watts... with 60 watts rms they will be already sticking the tongue out from the mouth!...this is what normally happens.

Microp is bad...ahahahah...i have to say that i like that!...the friend seems too much pride and biased...good to burn his speaker and reduce this pride...ahahahah!

Well.... before burn, the speaker start to smell burned speaker coil coating..so....the guy will know drive is too much and in advance...if he insists...well.... his problem.

Ecat....thank you very much....good to listen that.

I have compared Dx with a very good Nakamichi unit (home made)...and i feel proud of this toy amplifier.

Simple is good...this is turning more and more clear to me.

I am still trying those simple output current controls.... and i will adjust it carefully...i want to avoid clipping... trying to make it limited related distortion...not to enter distortion...the idea is not to protect the output against burns...i want to limit in such a way the guy can turn the volume all way up without clip the bass.

Of course, when increase the volume....after the pré set limits, only voices and treble will be increased.... i will listen carefully to see if this will work fine tuned..... i have not too much hopes related those circuits...but i will try.

For a while, using simulator only...but soon i will make it to work real life.

regards,

Carlos

Destroyer X amplifier

ecat
Unfortunately, no. I regularly download LPCM promo videos posted on alt.binaries..mpeg.music.video. However you need a UseNet account of some kind like Grabit, or UseNext etc.. to be able to get the complete files (anonymously), as your usual Broadband provider doesn't usually have all of the necessary files, or retain them long enough. The UseNet providers may have them for up to 3 months. These LPCM promo Music Videos sound much better than the CD (normally) or the DTV transmitted lower bit rate files.
In the case of the Gwen Stefani promo, she isn't exactly hard on the eyes either !
SandyK

I think dear Klaas and I could stablish telepatic contact.

Long distance brain contact.

I send him mail telling that i was trying a Cyrus amplifier, because very complicated, very dense with many parts.

That i want to confirm, once more, that complicated circuits do not sound good (exceptions are...i am searching for them those last 46 years!)

I am producing my home dirty boards, and Klaas also doing at the same time...i had no conversations with him about it.

I am constructing with good transistors....the ones are linear working with those voltages and currents...good ones...matched under 5 percent.

Excelent Silver Mica capacitors will be use...and a very good supply too.

Amplifier will use 37 volts symetrical to be compared with Dx and others that use 37 volts too.

Of course it will be adjusted to work fine using this voltage..all Vbes will be checked and adjusted..also off set and bias will be correct.

Nothing will operate wrong.... we will see that soon.

Klaas will send me spare boards and i will make it once more in the future...soon this one i am showing you will be working.

First i will show you the Klaas construction...well...he also has Dx amplifier..he is my Pioneer related Dx amplifier construction...so..he will be able to tell something too...

I hope Cyrus sounded better...as it is giving me a lot of work, also because the circuit is fine..too much complex but fine...and a very respectable brand.....maybe it will eat Dx amplifier...we gonna see that soon!

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• cyrusone_mail.jpg
    cyrusone_mail.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 371
Excelent!.... my pioneer, Klaas Veenstra, is a researcher

He is never satisfied...always searching for the paradise..the same as me...i am always searching too.

I will construct with care... voltages will be correct...everything will be adjusted to "optimum" point or operation.

This is the basic schematic...people told me this is a Cyrus.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• will this one beat dx amp..jpg
    will this one beat dx amp..jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 401
This nigth or tomorrow it will be playing and beeing compared with Dx amplifier

We gonna see soon.

Will this sophisticated amplifier beat Dx amplifier?

This one should beat!... the schematic is fine...have obligation to out perform simple and cheap Dx amplifier.

If not.... well.... i think i can go to retirement...nothing more to do.

Only enjoy my beloved Dx units...also Aksa units...also Symassym units and also GEM units.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• soon you will know.jpg
    soon you will know.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 346
Having listened to cyrus one and two (+psx) extensively
in the past i remember it as a very fine amplifier.

Since i'm still waiting on some parts for the GEM, i decided to
build the cyrus one, using the pcb from the cyrus-one thread.

I will be using one 120 va /2x25 v ac donut per channel.
Since i already have heatsink, ps-caps and toroids it's a relatively cheap project for me to build.

Cyrus one thread is here:
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=95021&perpage=10&highlight=&pagenumber=1

pcb was designed by Geoff :up:

Best regards,

Klaas

A strange big small world it is, you and me simultaneously
building the same amplifier without knowing.
It will be interesting making the comparison between the cyrus and the DX , Carlos.

Actually i'm a bit surprised the cyrus-amplifiers don't get cloned much more.
Maybe it's because they're not extremely powerfull, and some people mestake quantity for quality ?

btw, me building the cyrus one doesn't mean i'm not content
with the DX, it just means i'm never satisfied :D

Best regards,

Klaas

I continue searching for Paradise...or Nirvana...the big experience!

I am searching those years.... all my life long...or almost that.

Searching for the sonics...the purity of perfect sonics, the same nice sonics we have in nature.... noises exists.... reflections, reverberations and spatial positions (sound stage)

When people say some amplifier is good i run to construct, to listen, to test, to compare A to B, blind testing and i call children and also my wife, my neighboors, my employees and my audio club.

Good amplifier, the minimum spectation is to win Dx amplifier...a simple design, tuned for sonics (472 parallel with R10, input 82N).

I want one step up!

really better...not only better in treble, or in bass, or in Mids...i want to listen ballanced sound!.... clearly better than Dx...so better than i do not need to compare....big distance.... this is what i am searching for.

Many tried.... in the past i have used Symassym, GEM and Aksa to comparisons with other ones...now i am using only the little brother...and even this way....no one is beeing clearly superior.

I read a lot of theories and people with big know how..... i want to listen the "product from those big mouth guys"...mine is shown here..you can assemble, you can listen, you can compare.

Try it.... send me your design?

Will it eat Dx amplifier in the breakfast or will run alike a dog with the tail down and between the legs?

My board is ready, good 37 V supply...very low ripple, well filtered.... more than 7 amperes..... ready to go (two in parallel).

Transistors are matched..ugly but matched.

The next, please!

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• ugly..but matched!.jpg
    ugly..but matched!.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 332
Re: I continue searching for Paradise...or Nirvana...the big experience!

destroyer X said:

Try it.... send me your design?

Will it eat Dx amplifier in the breakfast or will run alike a dog with the tail down and between the legs?

My board is ready, good 37 V supply...very low ripple, well filtered.... more than 7 amperes..... ready to go (two in parallel).

Transistors are matched..ugly but matched.

The next, please!

regards,

Carlos

Hello

I will mail you somes amps schematics to try.

Gaetan

One step up, please, mon ami Gaetan

Schematics i have near 1500 recorded inside my computer hard drive, including many Canadien Française...... i am not searching for hard work.... i want "one step up" in audio quality, not those crowdy 100 transistor crazy schematics that sounds awfull!

Yeah!...there are complicated, dense, sophisticated schematics that sounds good...all rigth folks:

Please.... show me the one sounds good!

I want the guarantee that the unit will be better than average!

Vous êtes trés gentille. je vous merci.

a bientôt

Carlos

Re: One step up, please, mon ami Gaetan

destroyer X said:

Schematics i have near 1500 recorded inside my computer hard drive, including many Canadien Française...... i am not searching for hard work.... i want "one step up" in audio quality, not those crowdy 100 transistor crazy schematics that sounds awfull!

Yeah!...there are complicated, dense, sophisticated schematics that sounds good...all rigth folks:

Please.... show me the one sounds good!

I want the guarantee that the unit will be better than average!

Vous êtes trés gentille. je vous merci.

a bientôt

Carlos

Hello

Holala, simple schematic better than Dx, Aksa, Gem, Symasym !!

Hard to find.

Gaetan

Status
Not open for further replies.