Design Check/Input TABAQesque with TB W5-2143

Today's F1, I feel the driver is one of the least important factor in winning. They are all pretty good.
It's the best car. That's why, you get a string of victories/world champions from one driver and one team at a time.
For many years, it was Schumacher, Hamilton, now Verstappen.
If one team has something special that makes the car a tad superior to the others, they get to win, until the other teams catch up on the idea, or it is banned by the FIA.

Reactions: 1 user
Just got back from the local 'big box' store and sadly, the current inexpensive ones are the pits! :sigh: :cuss::headbash:

I'll be going to the audio big box store tomorrow, so will check out these 3 & 4! way units for any potential small HT apps:

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/kicker...nes-pair-yellow-black/6333357.p?skuId=6333357

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/pioneer-6-x-9-4-way-coaxial-speakers-pair-blue/6454574.p?skuId=6454574
4 ways! coming from my 6.5" for treble... ha! Almost looks like 3 tweeters... at least 1 almost a 2" FR...
that thing should be hitting 80khz with all those tweeters...

Indeed! Since I don't have cable or streaming TV, rarely get to watch any F1 nor bother to keep up with it, but last time I paid attention, Red Bull was a perennial also ran and Ferrari didn't make rookie mistakes, though reminded me of watching the Maserati's Sebring '57 'comedy of errors' teamwork and still won, though they arguably had the best drivers.

I hear you. Same at this end -over here, you have to subscribe to Sky + it's Sports package to get their F1 channel (they have exclusive live rights to F1. And F2. And F3. And Indycar. And NASCAR). At about £45 per month (last I checked) way beyond my means. The Now TV streaming option on a race-by-race basis to get their coverage is about £12 each, or about £35 per month for the F1 only -still beyond my budget. :bawling: We get highlights on Channel 4 though, which is better than nothing & I prefer their commentary team anyway.

RB are rampant; going ground-effect played right into Adrien Newey's hands & he's building monsters now he's not saddled with an engine about 30bhp down on the competition -their current car is probably 2nd only to the McLaren MP4/4 or Williams FW14b in the post 1980 era. And he was heavily responsible for the Williams too. :bigeyes: No fan of Red Bull I, but 'can't take it away from them either. Ferrari have just imploded -probably a lot of reasons there, but I'd put 80% of it leading back to there being too much management interference with the race team. And Mercedes dropped the ball in a massive way with the new rule cycle -not helped by James Allison taking a step back at the same moment. Interesting how they've picked up now he's been wheeled back in as Technical Director & been doing a partial rescue-job, partial test-bed for '25 on the current car.

I could go on -possibly better in email; sorry for the OT! ;)

Driver is at .536345776 .... hopefully that's offset enough ;) 27.3 / 50.9 Or do you multiply the total by that? Actually driver is at 0.349 going by total length.

PORT:
at 0.848 = 66.31 from top - I think this is my pref.
at .714 = 55.8 down...
.651 = 50.9 down... oh that's the same as the driver from the bottom! definitely not doing that. Though, it may be high enough the babies won't drop things in the port.

Things are moving along, sorry I'm not great at upgrading incrementally! Now I'm just slightly worried that Rockwell crumbs may fall into the driver's motor. Am I being paranoid?

Attachments

• 20240319_221339_HDR~2.jpg
    20240319_221339_HDR~2.jpg
    414.7 KB · Views: 26