• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Dead Time - Correcting for it

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
sdinfo (John?),

. . . and is just sucking information from DiyAudio to post on HomeTheatreHiFi". That may portray you as quite shallow, and may do you no favours . . . .

. . . On your site, I see that you reviewed the $42,690 Lamm preamplifier, which you describe as " I will use a noun: Magic. I have never heard anything like it before, and I suspect I won't encounter it again". Well, if you can get past reviewer bias, elitist image, and marketing hype, I offer to build you a perfectly presented clone for just $20,000. In a double blind test I guarantee you will not be able to separate them, and you'll save $22,690 !!!

Now that must surely be the bargain of the year...

...any takers???

I definitely would not be sucking information from diyAudio, and $20,000 is probably near the wholesale cost to the dealer. So, no takers at this end. But I will get the Morgan Jones books, because several of you have suggested them. I'm done here. Thanks for the info, although it was not very much.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.