DCX2496 – compound XOs?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi
Can the DCX2496 do XOs which start off 1st order, then increase to 2nd order? (I think they’re called compound XOs). I think it could

Situation:
I’m considering buying 2nd hand Apogee all ribbon speakers, and converting from passive to active XO, to gain sound qualityu using my two existing Aksa amps.

Replicating the existing slopes: 6 dB/ octave at crossover; some models switch to secondary slopes of 12 dB per octave at the crossover between the woofer and the midrange, some supposedly “gradually increase” (?) to 12 dB/ octave.

Thanks

Hi Otto,

Recently I found the best x-over point/alignment for my biamped Centaur/Minor's. Bessel slope 12dB/octave at 350Hz. As known, there is some overlap on the Bessel alignment, and accidentally I found some adjustments for the Bessel on Rane site, here is the link http://www.rane.com/note147.html

Actually the x-over points are shifted left and right multiplying with dedicated coefficient for 12dB slope, so for 350Hz, x-point for low pass is shifted to 275Hz and the other to 445Hz. My dsp/x-over is now set to these parameters and the integration is simply superb, specially as two different type of drivers are employed, ribbon and cone midwoofer. This new setting a lot reminds me to Apogees claiming about combination of 6dB/12dB crossowers in their designs.

Mine digital sound processor/x-over is a different brand, but I assume, you could try similar setting on yours DCX2496.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.