Dc on speaker terminals class ab

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Thats the voltage

Attachments

• DSC_0668-1203x1600.JPG
    DSC_0668-1203x1600.JPG
    342.6 KB · Views: 88
Please answer all of these questions.

1. Do you have DC voltage on the RCA shields?

2. What sort of converter was burned up?

3. Do you have DC across the speaker terminals with no RCAs plugged in?

4. Are you saying that the DC across the speaker terminals never went to 0v when you were removing the various stages of the amplifier (drivers, pre-drivers...)?

5. What changed from post #8 when you had ±60v?

1. No dc on rca shields
2. It was the line converter to step down the speaker voltage to the amp but it never burnt it sent the amp straight into protect
3. Yes there is 4.7v dc no rca in
4. It went to zero when i remove the drivers and i replaced it but still does the same and same with the previous stages
5. I reinserted the two resistors which resist the current for the op amps next to the zener diodes for the op amps

If the amp has no DC with the drivers removed but has DC with the drivers in the circuit and the stage before the drivers out, it has to be the driver stage that's causing the problem.

It's generally the transistors. Maybe they only leak at high voltage?

It could be a resistor connected to the drivers.

It's possible for it to be something else but that would be rare, in my experience.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.