David Louis brand

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
If you ever want a good laugh, check out the website of "David Louis Audio."

Some highlights:

1) they claim they're an Italian company, despite all of their product shipping from China

2) I love the picture of their office where they've photoshopped their logo onto a stock photo

3) I love the pictures of the employees that is also a stock photo

ITALY LOUIS MARTIN PROFESSIONAL AUDIO LIMITED

201292022335461.jpg

Re. Bigun's post on the 12" full-ranges: Love to know if these are any good. I had a pair of 12" Wharfedale FR's that I was going to mate with a pair of 15" Wharfedale Airedale drivers to make an upscaled version of the SFB.
Thai customs managed to smash one of the 12" FR's. Wondering if the DavidLouis offering might be a decent substitution.

If you ever want a good laugh, check out the website of "David Louis Audio."

Some highlights:

1) they claim they're an Italian company, despite all of their product shipping from China

2) I love the picture of their office where they've photoshopped their logo onto a stock photo

3) I love the pictures of the employees that is also a stock photo

ITALY LOUIS MARTIN PROFESSIONAL AUDIO LIMITED

201292022335461.jpg

Louis Martin is David Louis?

Back in the 90s, Audax used to sell a tweeter with "vapor deposited aluminum." This was a great way of saying "we spray paint the tweeter dome."

I believe that's the same reason there's beryllium coated copper domes. It's a gimmick.

Audax also produced 'titanium polymer' softdomes.
I bought them, about '94, first set of DIY speakers ever, they disappointed me. I didn't have the skill to use them properly but the resonance was really loud, and very distorted, and the only way they sounded acceptable was padded down for a dark sound. Now years later, I do wonder what benefit vacuum deposition of Ti would have to a soft polymer dome. Theres cheaper ways to add mass to tweeter, if you really want to add mass

The polymer itself was oddly soft and rubbery. It reminds me of hot polyoliefin heat shrink, butyl rubber or that stuff bath oil 'balls' are made of, which dissolves in water.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.