Daphile - Audiophile Music Server & Player OS

Hello Kipeta,

great work! I installed and I'm actually running it through a dell laptop. Very nice!

One question: I read that daphile is based on usb dacs but, is spdif output supported by daphile? If not, are you planning to include this feature?

Last edited:
Hello Kipeta,

great work! I installed and I'm actually running it through a dell laptop. Very nice!

One question: I read that daphile is based on usb dacs but, is spdif output supported by daphile? If not, are you planning to include this feature?

I think the SPDIF should work. However the configuration is very much dependent on the audio device you are using. Go to "Settings -> Audio Devices" and try to configure it with proper (?) "Device:" selection and "Mixer controls" of the relevant Audio device.

And thanks for your nice feedback :).

Hi Kipeta,

My Daphile music server boots from USB and my music library is on an 2TB internal HD.

Using the web browser I also installed Daphile on the internal HD. Daphile boots fine from the internal HD, but then the folder containing my music library is not visible anymore. Also this folder is not shown as a network folder on my W7 computer.

Also I tried a newer version of Daphile booted from another USB stick, but then the same problem that the folder containing my music is not shown.

Peter

Hi Kipeta,

My Daphile music server boots from USB and my music library is on an 2TB internal HD.

Using the web browser I also installed Daphile on the internal HD. Daphile boots fine from the internal HD, but then the folder containing my music library is not visible anymore. Also this folder is not shown as a network folder on my W7 computer.

Also I tried a newer version of Daphile booted from another USB stick, but then the same problem that the folder containing my music is not shown.

Peter

Do you have the "Use" and "Share" checkboxes selected for the partition that contains the music library on "Settings -> Storages"?

If you need further help please contact me through the form on Daphile ? Digital Music Convenience for Audiophiles and we could continue by email exchange.

Hi!
Is it possible to use the Daphile just standalone and not connected in network???
I mean to install it to a PC wher all my musics stored.
I tryed the USB boot and it worked only for the firs few second, until it was showing that the daphile is trying to connect to a network. Then nothing happened, because I haven't got a network connection.
Tyimo

Hi!
Is it possible to use the Daphile just standalone and not connected in network???
I mean to install it to a PC wher all my musics stored.
I tryed the USB boot and it worked only for the firs few second, until it was showing that the daphile is trying to connect to a network. Then nothing happened, because I haven't got a network connection.
Tyimo
Daphile does not have local UI. It can be used only via network connection.

If you would have a wireless adapter that supports Access Point mode you could have kind of a standalone mode. Daphile would then offer Wifi access point for the control device (for example smart phone or tablet) and there is no need for other network connection.

Wondering if anybody could shed some light in my problems?

I've installed the latest iso image to a 4GB usb stick and the booted from this on my laptop.

The daphile splash screen comes up and if I connect to my wifi router using a lan cable, I get a 'Successful. use Web UI' message. I cannot connect using another laptop, ipad or android device if I try and connect using the http://daphile or http://daphile.

If I connect the laptop that has booted into daphile and connect to another laptop using a lan cable, the 'daphile' laptop is not seen and displays the message 'connecting to network' or similar.

I've also tried to find the 'daphile' laptop on another laptops network locations, but still no joy.

Anybody have any ideas?

Hi,

i can use the Webinterface without Problems by typing the IP or the Name into the Browser.

i expirienced another Problem:

if i calibrate my CD Drive then i get an Offset Value of +667.
With this Setting itś impossible to rip the last Track of a Disc (i've tried 5 or 6 Discs).

if i set the Offset value manually to 0 then i can rip the last track, but i can't rip accurate.

You tried "Daphile.local" and that did not work? The IP address is assigned by your router, you will have to log into your router and check to see what IP address was assigned by DHCP...

Thanks for the reply.

I've not tried http://Daphile.local as it wasn't in the instructions/pdf at the website, but will give it a try. If that doesn't work, I see what address my router has assigned and try that (Think I can do that :) )