Daphile - Audiophile Music Server & Player OS

Im not familiar with linux

What path do i have to put in?

NAS/music

Basic format for CIFS "Remote target" configuration is

username@server_name_or_ip:/share_name/directory_path

username and directory_path are optional. If you don't use username you can also drop the @-character.

example: 10.0.1.2:/shared/music

"Identification" could be any alias name.

You can leave password empty if your server does not require it.

Would it be possible to make the installation "permanent", i.e. to install to an internal HDD?

Or (even better) to an internal CF card? I have a "thin client" computer with an internal CF card, and I'm not sure how I could install on the CF card...

Any ideas?

Just go to Settings -> "System Firmware" -> "Select target disk".

Disk must be completely empty (no partitions) or it must contain DaphileBoot and DaphileData partitions in order to be enabled for installation.

Currently I'm not able to say if installation to CF is supported (I don't remember if CFs behave the same way as USB flash or harddisk in Linux). See if CF is visible in the target disk list.

Hi Kepita

I think Daphile is wonderfull. Tried it on my laptop and worked perfectly. Later on I used the same USB drive on my mediaserver HW and it would boot but then is showing a banner that the media is read only. I checked the USB drive and it is OK.

Would you know what this can be?

Hi Kepita

I think Daphile is wonderfull. Tried it on my laptop and worked perfectly. Later on I used the same USB drive on my mediaserver HW and it would boot but then is showing a banner that the media is read only. I checked the USB drive and it is OK.

Would you know what this can be?
How did you install the USB flash? Did you use unetbootin? Did you use the latest version?

Daphile works very good for me. Remote over Android App and an old IPod Touch via iPeng works flawless.
All i miss is a Eq. If possible a parametric equalizer.
Is there such a plugin or can it be done in another way?
Thanx for the good work!
Andreas

I'm currently not aware of any. I have read something about BrutefirDRC but I have understood that it's not possible to install it easily through the LMS Plugins setup interface.

I have considered to include some kind of feature for digital filtering with brutefir but I can promise anything there yet.

I used unetbootin, latest version. Same combo is working on my laptop without issue and the write protect issue poppes up at my media server.

Used unetbootin to create a fresh USB drive each time.

Just to make sure that is it the same USB stick and same install that works on one PC OK but on the other it is read-only? And is it repeatable?

Is there a file named "casper-rw" in the root directory of USB drive? If yes what is the size?

Last edited:
Very nice, I like it!! Simple and clean, works with my DACs. I need to figure out the filesystem stuff though. My whole network is SMB and does not support NFS. 8TB of tunes on it now... I'll let you know what I come up with. Thinking of small linux box that can mount the SMB and serve up NFS...

Update available

CHANGES on November 9th 2013:
  • Bug fixes for CD ripping, multitrack FLAC+CUE problem & NFS mounting
  • Multitrack FLAC+CUE problem fix requires "Clear library and rescan everything" rescan (Info tab)
  • CD ripping FLAC compression level setting added (default:5)
Update via your Daphile web UI or download from www.daphile.com.

Any feedback is warmly welcomed!