Daphile - Audiophile Music Server & Player OS

Does this happen with all file types or one particular? DSF? DFF? Are you using DSD-over-PCM?

Hi,

I tested different files formats and also DSD-over-PCM but I didn't manage to repeat the problem. The test files that I used can be found at Index of /SpeakerTest

It happens to all kind of files, except DSD as I don't have any sample file yet. I noticed this problem when I played "Lazeez" from Acoustic Alchemy, there's a maracas sound on the right channel on the beginning of the song. I'm so sure as I hear this song everyday on my car. With Daphile, the same sound appears on the left channel. I have to swap the input on my amp to make it sounds correct.

BTW, about USB-3 problem : I've tested on a motherboard with onboard USB-3 (MSI AMD E350IA). Amanero works with USB-3 and I'm currently listen to it. The previous problem with Intel DN2800MT board seems caused by the use of add-on USB-3 PCI-e card (Nec/Renesas chipset). The sound with USB-3 is fuller than USB-2.

I'll test with your file & let you know the result. I'm going to test the wifi hotspot as well. BTW, do you get the feedback I sent through your website ?

Update: Daphile recognizes my USB wifi dongle but wifi hotspot doesn't work.

I also able to reproduce the problem with shutdown failure I've reported before. It happens only when shutdown is triggered while music is playing. Shutdown is OK when the music is stopped.

There's option to share the storage, what is the protocol ? SMB or NFS ?

Last edited:
New version available!

CHANGES on October 18th 2013:
  • First 32bit x86 release for i486 and above
  • Composer (available only for classical music) and Label tags for ripping
  • Shutdown and restart button to main menu
  • TRIM support for ext4 SSD partitions
  • WLAN HW switch detection (RFKILL; "Connect Wi-Fi: HW switch disabled")
  • Bug fixes (eg. some DSF playback fixes) and minor changes

Update via your Daphile web UI or download from www.daphile.com.

Any feedback is warmly welcomed!

I downloaded the new 486 iso and have tried to get it working on a usb drive. Followed all instructions using unetbootin, everything seems to install properly, but when I reboot and the menu comes up, I choose Daphile it looks like it is loading but the screen just remains blank. Not sure what I am doing wrong?

I downloaded the new 486 iso and have tried to get it working on a usb drive. Followed all instructions using unetbootin, everything seems to install properly, but when I reboot and the menu comes up, I choose Daphile it looks like it is loading but the screen just remains blank. Not sure what I am doing wrong?

Hi,

First thing that comes to mind is that your PC does not support the boot graphics mode that Daphile is using. Did you try if you could connect to it with the web browser? Daphile does not have anything special on its local UI, just some information when it has made network connection and it's not possible to use Daphile through the local console.

Hello, i tested Daphile tonight using an Atom board and a behringer uca202 DAC.
On the same atom board I used voyage mpd for about a year.

I think daphile is really a good product and I must say a big thank you to Kipeta.
The web interface is well done and the configuration is really easy and intuitive.
The only problem i encountered is WiFi. My little USB dongle doesn't work, I can't access the hotspotmode nor I can connect to my WiFi router.
My dongle is a 'digicom' branded one and uses the realtek chipset.
Do someone knows a USB WiFi dongle that works well with daphile?
Thanks
Federico

Hi Federico,

I have the same problem here.
I you want, you can use the Netgear WNCE3001
It´s connect to RJ45 plug and powered via usb or
AC PLUG. This modul give you access to 2.4 or 5Ghz band.

I will get two dongles today. Will test it and report
If working or not.

Regards,
Toufik

Hi federico,

I tested one USB dongle it's an Xtreamer with a small antenna (latest model with RT3070chip ) It's seems working fine work with Daphile. Should test later if Hotspot work with this key.
Will test tomorrow the Netgear module to check the performance in 5GHz band insteand the Xtyreamer Dongle.

Regards
Toufik