COMFAST CF - WU735P
D-Link DWA-125 Wireless N 150 USB Adapter
D-Link DWA-182 Wireless AC 1200 Dual Band Wifi USB Adapter
Edimax AC600 Wi-Fi Dual-Band Directional High Gain USB Adapter
TP-Link TL-WN722N 150Mbps High Gain Wireless USB Adapter
TP-LINK TL-WDN3200 N600 Wireless Dual-Band USB Adapter

Anyone Using Daphile with a Mytek Brokly Dac+

Hi Guys, First post on the forum.

Been using Daphile only as a stand alone player, nothing fancy and have never had a problem with it.

Just picked up a secondhand Mytek Broklyn Dac+, the issue is the Daphile player seems to reset the Dac+ settings, the vol to -0db (just a bit loud) and syncs to Wclk (should "int"). It sees the dac and when settings are reset it works fine, but on reboot back to square one?
:confused:
Have tried the dac with other players and no issues.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciate

Hi Guys, First post on the forum.

Been using Daphile only as a stand alone player, nothing fancy and have never had a problem with it.

Just picked up a secondhand Mytek Broklyn Dac+, the issue is the Daphile player seems to reset the Dac+ settings, the vol to -0db (just a bit loud) and syncs to Wclk (should "int"). It sees the dac and when settings are reset it works fine, but on reboot back to square one?
:confused:
Have tried the dac with other players and no issues.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciate

If you go to audio devices and then to the mixer settings of your Dac you can play ticking the different alternatives and check if it changes the behavior.

Thanks patagonia,

Missed this when exploring the possibilities and went straight to the "advanced" menu.

Have done 3 run through's on each setting and each produced the respective outcomes.

Best case scenario is that the boxes are "un-checked" and the dac and daphile are latched and the volume sets itself to -00 (basically muted) rather than -0db (max vol) as before. Think I will boot everything up leaving the amp till last.......... just in case. Can't tell if there is any difference in the quality, still sounds great.

Thanks again

Players used with no issue.

Hi MSHAVS,

Used the Broklyn Dac+ with Volumio and Foobar 2k on windows (have to install Mytek drivers and control panel) no problem.

Also installed APLinux, it recognised the Dac+ but as always MPD beats me with setting up it up with "card name" and "device" parameters.

I did read a issue with an Innuos player and the Dac+ and Innuos did a remote fix for the guy in question to resolve the latching/handshake problem.

Thanks to Patagonia, Daphile will remain my main player :)

Hope this helps

Hallo everybody,

I uses daphile on an old Mainboard with Atom330CPU. my DAC is connected by USB (Asynchron Amanero 394 Combo)

I have a second partion with Win7 and Foobar/asio.

My problem: The daphile-installation has a lot of less volume. No "problem" to hear music at max. volume. It's somethimes, depends from the source, not more than "room-volume".

I tried to check the alsam,mixer but there ist noch way to get in daphile with ssh.

Who can help me?

Thanks a lot, thk_ms

Hallo everybody,

I uses daphile on an old Mainboard with Atom330CPU. my DAC is connected by USB (Asynchron Amanero 394 Combo)

I have a second partion with Win7 and Foobar/asio.

My problem: The daphile-installation has a lot of less volume. No "problem" to hear music at max. volume. It's somethimes, depends from the source, not more than "room-volume".

I tried to check the alsam,mixer but there ist noch way to get in daphile with ssh.

Who can help me?

Thanks a lot, thk_ms

There is an initial level setting en audio setting of your device, also you maybe have normalization enabled. Best quality is achieved with volume control off (bit perfect playback)

The other thing that can be happening is that you have resampling enabled including a gain setting.

IMG_6070.jpg

Hi folks.

Having issues trying to boot the USB drive to load Daphile and install it.

I’m using an early 2009 Mac Mini, Core 2 Duo, 8GB Ram. It’s running a fresh El Capitan install, though have also tried with a fresh High Sierra install too, and the original Snow Leopard it came with.

Mac mini (Early 2009) - Technical Specifications

I’ve followed the instructions to the letter and used Belana Etcher to create the bootable USB from the Daphile iso file. When I restart the Mini keeping option key pressed, it doesn't even get as far as showing me any boot options at all, the screen just stays white, and sometimes just reboots. If I take the USB stick out, then reboot and press option after the chime I get the correct drives shown.

I tried creating a CD from the Iso, but that just gets spit out when rebooting and oressing the option key after the chime.

I’ve tried creating the USB stick on a Windows machine too, then trying it in the Mini, but no luck.

Is my 2009 Mac Mini just too old to install Daphile? Or am I doing something wrong?

Cheers.

Thanks. Download is fine, and have tried several times to make sure. Have also tried in all the USB ports.

Wasn’t aware of a boot flag, so that’s something I’ll Google next to see if it’s the issue. Though when booting the El Capitan installer via the same USB stick that booted without issue. It’s as if the Mac just doesn’t recognise efi based content to boot from in the case of Daphile.

No problem, and appreciate your help :)

I know people use it successfully with Macs, so starting to think it’s either just the age or type of Mac that I have. Unfortunate as it would have been nice to find a use for it again so it’s recycled into a new role, rather than become more obsolete tech. that’s hard to recycle and nobody wants.

There aren’t any bios options in the Mac, at least not that I’m aware of. I actually tried blanking the drive completely, and installing just Windows. Which worked fine. But again, no bios so that was a dead-end too.

After some searching and reading, am going to try the following:

UNetbootin - Homepage and Downloads

hello there,
Moving from picoreplayer on a Pi4 to Daphile RT on my old NUC i3 DC3217IYE, I would like your expertise to set it up at its best knowing that it is used as client/server connected via USB to an EMOTIVA XMC2 (using Dirac Live for room correction), my music will be from local NAS server as well as TIDAL & Spotify controlled remotely via mobile or Logitech Harmony remote control.
I've not yet made the full install on the SSD, I'm still listening to it from the USB card and the sound is already very good with the by default settings.
But by looking at the settings and few pages from this forum i see many settings that can be optimized such as the Kernel audio drivers and all the parameters in the Power section.

Finally managed to get it booted into Daphile via USB. Not sure exactly what it was I did, but I think a combination of various terminal commands (thanks to a few Google searches) to format the USB and make sure it was bootable, and/or using the app unetbootin to put the Daphile iso (non 64 bit version) onto the USB stick. It certainly wasn’t a simple task of just using Belana Etcher to write the iso to USB on the mac as the PDF instructions show.

Unfortunately looks like all that effort was for nothing, as I need to use this wirelessly in my bedroom (the router being located in my Dad’s study). After booting I get the option in Networking under settings to install the b43 driver kernel for broadcom. But after clicking install it does this, and then goes back to the initial message about installing! So in other words I cannot use the internal built-in wireless of the Mac mini. I’ve already wasted 3 days trying to set this up so will have to admit defeat, and get a NUC at some point in the future and try again, assuming modern NUCs have their wifi recognised easily in Daphile?

@ johnm

If you have booted the live USB but have yet to do an install to either another USB pen-drive or full Hard-drive install then any changes you make in the live session will not survive a reboot.

You have 2 options...

1- do the full install and then try to install the driver...(a reboot is always needed after making changes)
2- use an external USB wifi dongle...do a search of this thread for recommendations of units that work with Daphile OOtB.
Here are some from another user recently
Daphile - Audiophile Music Server & Player OS

https://www.daphile.com/download/DaphileInstallation.pdf

Last edited:
my daphile Settings

There is an initial level setting en audio setting of your device, also you maybe have normalization enabled. Best quality is achieved with volume control off (bit perfect playback)

The other thing that can be happening is that you have resampling enabled including a gain setting.

View attachment 978913

Hello,

unfortunatly I have unobtrusive setting. I made some screenshots of my setting:

UwuSwx1Z.png

s8V7j2ce.png

OXVwTDMP.png

dyzB3JfQ.png

The last one is to show you my problem: No problem to hear with max. volume. With Win7/foobar I can't adjust max. volume without killing my ears,... :eek:

Many thanks, thk_ms