Daphile - Audiophile Music Server & Player OS

A miracle has happened! After switching back from the old PC to the new fanless PC, the USB WaveIO card gets detected and everything plays just fine! Nothing being any different from the setup I tried getting to life before. I don’t know why it didn’t play before. But I it is playing right now!

I have been using for 3 years with no issues with the network. Given Daphile builds on a standard Linux kernel, and given the 1000's (?) of users who are not reporting issues, then I would think it is unlikely the issue will be Daphile related.

I have been using linux since year 2000 and do come across various problems from time to time. Like in any highly complex system which this setup incl. all the network shares are. Windows networking changes in windows upgrades, an unexpected/unaccounted for situation can arise. Many things can happen.

Again, only logs would show...

rif

Joined 2003
Paid Member
@rif,
Under [Settings], [CD Ripping], select the network folder as the [Default target drive].

That's what I was doing, didn't work. The daphile log suggested I may not have the proper permissions on the server. But in the storage section of daphile, I have RW checked, and on the server every relevant directory is rwx for user/group/other. Maybe it's a setting in etab or export or exportfs one of those files on my server. I just thought of that so haven't tested it.

rif

Joined 2003
Paid Member
I think I have found the real issue, but have no clue how to get around it. Here's the log from the CD ripping tab

Code:
Failed to move the file 01-Dance Yrself Clean.flac to the target directory (/media/music/Network Drives/Music-on-Network/media/information/music/LCD Soundsystem/2010-This Is Happening).
Probably insufficient permissions for directory: /media/music/Network Drives/Music-on-Network/media/information/music

"/media/music/Network Drives"" is something that daphile created
"Music-on-Network" is something I entered in the Storage section of the Settings tab
"/media/information/music/" is something I entered under CD Ripping on the Settings tab, and Is the correct path on my server.

So you see, the file path is completely screwy. The file path on my server should be
/media/information/music/
not
/media/music/Network Drives/Music-on-Network/media/information/music

I have no clue how to stop daphile from adding all that other stuff to it.

Music Manager program - any suggestions?

Hi all,
At the moment I have about 80 albums on the NAS with around 800 more to rip. But before I do this I would like to find a Music Management system or program to be able to sort complete albums from single songs or tracks and have them tagged correctly before the size of my library becomes too large and unwieldy.
I would appreciate any suggestions that would help me with this matter.
Thanks all
Roy.

rif

Joined 2003
Paid Member
I suggest you try CIFS instead of NFS and see whther you have the same problem. I use CIFS with Daphile and haven't ever had an issue.

Can I use ssh with private/public keys? I don't think so since it only has a password field. Just a thought since I know I have ssh set up correctly already, but I have it using keys and have no interest in configuring it to work with a password.