DAC Output [OPA1611 or OPA132]

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm doing a DAC output, with traditional buffer + differential, with 6 units of op amp for 2 channels.
I have only two units of the OPA132, and all I could already test what pleased me most, especially the treble.
But I see many comments for the OPA1611, but I could not test it, and your datasheet is really "charming", despite not having offset adjustment.
I'm really in doubt keep what is already great for me or risk the OPA1611. :scratch1:
Some help?

No what I meant was as you don't need gain, why not use discrete transistors as opposed to opamps? Certainly an opamp is convenient but sonically I find they're lacking compared to going discrete and I think its because opamps operate in classAB, which really is not a necessary compromise for audio.

Here's an example of what I mean, just use a darlington emitter follower biassed by a current source. It works as a buffer, but buffers can also be used to build filters as in this example.

Attachments

• buff-filt.jpg
    buff-filt.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 196
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.